getting ready for move to coast of NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting ready for move to coast of NC

beachblanket.jpgWell, here is a 500 hour project of embroidery quilting for our new rental home in Oriental NC. We will be loading up a truck in 5 weeks and we'll see how 6 months of coastal living will be. DH is excited to try the new boating experience. I'm not sure what new adventures are in store for me.
    I'm making some embroidered towels too. Its a project just learning to download the designs on to the little stick. I'm going to get some new ones today I think. After that, I'm thinking of painting some wall art. I really want the house to be comfortable and inviting eventhough I don't want to spend a lot of money furnishing it.
    I'm looking forward to contacting Judyusmc as I think she lives close enough for a meet and greet. This might be a highlight of the move. I'm only 25 minutes from the ferry that crosses over to Havelock or maybe she is in Jacksonville. I'll have to pm her.
    I havent been posting much as my anxiety level is pretty high. I've been riding DH's roller coaster for about 6 months now. I told him yesterday that we just aren't on the same page for retirement and we need to each compromise if we are going to move. I do not want to own two properties with large acreage and he doesn't want to give up all the privacy we have here and thinks we should duplicate it there. Truth is...we don't have that much $$$. HA HA. Maybe we'll win the lottery if we ever play it.

Re: getting ready for move to coast of NC

Grammaterry, my son is stationed at Cherry Point, Havelock, NC. I spent the whole month of January there...very nice climate.

Comment

Good luck with your move. I'm certain you will be there at the best time of year to enjoy. You might enjoy a change of pace. Just breathe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Terry, that quilt is stunning and the perfect theme for a beach home.

Comment

Hi, Terry ~ Thanks for the update. What a spectacular quilt! It's beautiful! I wish I could view a closer up of the quilting. I wish you well with the venture to the coast. Do you have someone to keep tabs on your rural property while you're away? I personally would not want to maintain 2 properties. I would imagine your weather is mild enough that you might be having some spring bulbs coming up already. I noted the daffodils are coming up on the sunny west side of our house. Most of the yard still is covered in snow, with more forecast for tonight into tomorrow.

I imported the first pics from my digital camera on to the new laptop today. Whoa -- a whole different look. This will take some navigating!

Well, it's time for the Gaithers on TV. I do enjoy my southern gospel music.

Comment

Beautiful quilt Terry. Love the embroidery. Hoping all goes well with your move and that you will enjoy the experience.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I have wondered where you were. New adventures await you.

I checked and you are about 4 hours away from Blondie.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I love your quilt Terry, Good luck with the move and decisions.

Comment

The quilt is stunning, Terry. I'm excited for your new adventures.
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

maybe you'll return and we can have lunch.

Comment

doesn't sound so far. Maybe I can arrange a big luncheon for all of us in the area.

Comment

Joy, I was almost ready to submit an answer when my computer decided I was done and deleted the message I had written. Yes, a mild winter and lots of blooming...baby dwarf iris are blooming, daffodils are heading (50 miles in Asheville they are thick and yellow) I saw a wood lot filled with woods crocus in Asheville that were simply gorgeous) peonies are peeking along with day lillies and tulips. I will miss all the plantings here but I am certain we will be back home at least once a month to check on the place. This will be good for DH to see how much it will take to keep up two properties. God will direct us.

Comment

Your quilt is just gorgeous, and 500 hours that is nothing to sneeze at! Congrats on the finish. I feel bad you are having such anxiety over this. My mantra is always everything is going to be okay, and I think for you it will be, and what to do, that is your final decision, will become much easier to figure out after you have this trial run of it. Good luck. Tell your dh he is lucky you are such a good sport.

Comment

Terry I missed his threads, but I wish his transfer to be calm and happy, to enjoy new experiences and not forget us, Its quilt is magnificent and very beachy embroidery, congratulations on your precious work

Comment

Gorgeous quilt Terry. It's so good to hear from you but I'm sorry things have been stressful. I've always found the beach so therapeutic. Maybe it will be the same for you once you are settled.
                              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
                              X