• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarGramma
    replied
    Re: Pineapple Ruler

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    What size logs do you cut for the mini? I have been saving offcuts from something I am making and I have a whole bunch of one inch strips, would I be able to use them with this ruler?
    Well, Jocelyn, although much of my sewing equipment is packed (anticipating that someday, someday our house will sell), I just happened to be sitting less than five feet away from my Mini Pineapple tool!

You can make 4", 5" or 6" blocks with this tool.
    For the 4" block, you cut your strips 1-1/2" up to 3". For the 6" block, you put more rounds on, and the final round uses 3-3/4" strips.

So, bottom line, I don't think this ruler will work with 1" strips. It doesn't have the markings you'd need.

But you could probably make dynamite Log Cabin blocks with your 1" strips!

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    That's one beautiful block!

I accidentally bought the mini pineapple ruler when I thought I was buying the full size like yours. There's so much waste and such a high percentage of fabric that ends up in a seam! I once calculated that three yards of fabric would yield a quilt between 30" and 40" square. I think that I will only use this mini-ruler for a border or some similar edging.
    What size logs do you cut for the mini? I have been saving offcuts from something I am making and I have a whole bunch of one inch strips, would I be able to use them with this ruler?

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I love that block! I've made a quilt with them using Marti Michell rulers/templates. It was pretty easy as well.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

That's one beautiful block!

I accidentally bought the mini pineapple ruler when I thought I was buying the full size like yours. There's so much waste and such a high percentage of fabric that ends up in a seam! I once calculated that three yards of fabric would yield a quilt between 30" and 40" square. I think that I will only use this mini-ruler for a border or some similar edging.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Really pretty! You would usually paper piece that? Yikes!

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied

lovely block,

Leave a comment:

• quiltingaway
    replied

Your block is beautiful! I love the pineapple block too. And agree whole heartedly on the paper piecing.

Leave a comment:

• Apache Lady
    started a topic Pineapple Ruler

Pineapple Ruler

I just ordered the pineapple trip tool by Creative Grids and I'm having so much fun with it! I love pineapple blocks, but I don't like the mess with paper piecing. I have a pile of old blocks in my UFO box still waiting for the paper to be removed. But this method is just going right along. I'm getting my exercise too! Moving from the machine to my cutting/ironing table LOL.

IMG_20200212_113518.jpg
Working...
X