Alaska almost defeated me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska almost defeated me.

I finally got this quilt together. I hope my sister who will be 75 in March likes it. If not I may throttle her with it. This is a kit I bought. I do not normally buy kits. This is the second one. The first was so well written. This one missed some cuts I discovered as I progressed through it and had to buy more material to finish it. So not my favorite project. When I got done I found I did not have enough for the borders but I had purchased fabric for the backing and used that since it was a match to one of the fabrics. Than I had a lot of left over cuts and used them to add a little length. I had to piece the back with some additional fabric and used more of the left over to put a pattern down the center. Hope you like it and I hope my sister does. The binding will be the medium blue. I am giving it to a friend to quilt. It is called Alaska

Marilyn's75th.jpg marilyns' back.jpg
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Re: Alaska almost defeated me.

It is beautiful! I'm sure your sister will love it. What a shame you had so much trouble with the kit. Where did you get the kit if I may ask? I've had kits from Craftsy and Connecting Threads and they were very positive experiences with plenty of fabric leftover.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

I got it from MIssouri Quilts and they offered to find the spare fabric for me but by the time I complained I had already bought it . I just did not want them selling a kits that had mistakes in the directions. It is a kit by Laundry Basket quilts
      sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

The quilt is gorgeous!....I love blue and white/cream....Iam glad you were able to rectify the errors...
        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

It’s beautiful. Congrats on sticking with it to the end.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's beautiful! I'm glad you got it finished!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

That is stunning! I love blue quilts and this one is pieced beautifully! Love the back too!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful. I'm certain that your sister lol love it, if not I can be your sister.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I hope my sister who will be 75 in March likes it. If not I may throttle her with it.

LOL, I have two sisters, I can totally relate to that statement!

Your quilt is gorgeous! I'm sure she will love it.

Comment

It is beautiful. After you throttle her, I will send you my address and I promise to give this quilt a good and loving home.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wow - that is amazing. What a beautiful pattern; you absolutely nailed it! Love the backing and the fabrics, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X