• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathy F
    replied
    Re: another UFO finished

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    Looks lovely....but I'm not sure what a book pillow is. Do you have a pattern for it?
    Actually it is made just like an ordinary pillow but with the addition of a pocket on the front where a storybook will go. I have made them as gifts to the small children in our family. It can be
    left on the child's bed and at bedtime their favorite book is always available for mom/ family member to read them a bedtime story. These gifts go over really well and encourages reading. I usually cut the pillow anywhere from 17-to 18", and the pocket is the width of the pillow by about 9-10 in height. I use a18" pillow form in them.

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

I don't know which pattern OP used, but I've found this one and it looks so easy. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...il&FORM=VIREHT It is a you tube video. I think Sheryl from "The Sewing Room" has a tutorial on the book pillow too. I watched that one start to finish. She gives very detailed instructions. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• NancyH
    replied

Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

Looks lovely....but I'm not sure what a book pillow is. Do you have a pattern for it?

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Very nice....I love the steampunk fabric.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Wow that is super professional looking! It turned out great.

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

Very nice looking pillow and I do see the train. Very practical. I have a great grandson's birthday also my grandson in Feb.. What a great idea to encourage reading. Thanks for the idea.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

It's beautiful, simple and elegant.

Leave a comment:

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied

Very good work, I love

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

It's adorable, that's for sure!

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Awesome.... keep going.. a while back i somehow got into the habit of not starting before i FINISH! It makes a world of difference.. Hugs, GB

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

This is the most wonderful book pillow...I love the Steampunk motifs. You did a great job on this, Cathy!

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    started a topic another UFO finished

another UFO finished

I had three reading pillows started in various stages and never finished them. Starting off the new year trying to finish up some UFO's before I start a new project. We'll see how long I keep that going! Fabric is a steam punk line called Unknown Voyage.It's hard to see the locomotive in the picture with the lighting but it does show up very nicely when looking at it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cathy F; January 7th, 2020, 08:04 AM.
Working...
X