Poppie Mae quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppie Mae quilt

I made this quilt top using some fabric that I won. It’s called Poppie Mae by Robin Pickens. The pattern is so easy and quick and I love how the big blocks showcase those beautiful poppies. I usually go for earthy tones like Civil War fabrics, but this bright cheerful collection has given me a new look at fabric colors.

The pattern is called Diamond Cakes. There are two versions because the creator updated the pattern. I liked the older version better so that’s the one I did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2691D354-0FBD-4D29-A1EF-C0B3A0B21011.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1683607
    Last edited by bec; January 5th, 2020, 03:58 PM.
    Bec

Re: Poppie Mae quilt

That's really pretty. How big are your poppy squares? When I lived in Calif my mom took me up to the poppy reserve and you just can't believe how gorgeous one color can be.
    sigpic

Lorie

Comment

Sew pretty. I love Robin Pickens fabrics. This is a great pattern for showing off those fabrics you don't want to cut up in small pieces.

Comment

Just simply love it. Really shows off those beautiful colors. Great work!
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

This is beautiful, Bec! Inspiring me with ideas for a panel I cut up several years ago, but never assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            That's really pretty. How big are your poppy squares? When I lived in Calif my mom took me up to the poppy reserve and you just can't believe how gorgeous one color can be.
            I don’t have it in front of me, but I think the finished block was around 8”.
            Bec

Comment

I love your quilt makes your beautiful fabrics look great a very easy pattern to wear fabrics that you do not want to cut into small pieces

Comment

Those poppies & colors really shine.

Comment

That is beautiful. I just searched Robin Pickens and Diamond Cakes and cannot find the pattern anywhere. Can you please tell me where you found it? I checked Robins Pickens website and didn't find it there. Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by evy View Post
                    That is beautiful. I just searched Robin Pickens and Diamond Cakes and cannot find the pattern anywhere. Can you please tell me where you found it? I checked Robins Pickens website and didn't find it there. Thank you so much.
                    Here is the pattern. However...the picture looks like my quilt but her instructions are for a revised version which has double cornerstones at each corner. I had to email her because I was confused about it and she sent me the older version instructions. Even with that I didn’t like how the quilt was put together. Her corner stones had diagonal seams through them an I didn’t like that. So I put it together my way. https://www.jemimascreativequilting....-quilt-pattern.
                    Bec

Comment

Bec, Thank you so very much.

Comment

Working...
                      X