My Ex-Step-DGD Needed a New Quilt Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ex-Step-DGD Needed a New Quilt Too!

I also made a quilt for my precious 14 year old, ex-step-granddaughter. When her mother and my son divorced, we did not let go of each other. I am still her grammie and she makes sure I know when she has a school event so I can attend if I want and of course I want!! I made her a D9P I spy quilt years ago, but she out grew it and needed one for a teenager. I'm so happy she loved it. I gave her the mock piping binding too. I am really loving this binding treatment. It turns out so special and I plan on using it a lot.
    Attached Files
    Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Re: My Ex-Step-DGD Needed a New Quilt Too!

Wow! What wonderful colors! You've been really busy, Theda! They're all so beautiful.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I love this - what is the pattern called?

Comment

Your granddaughter will treasure this quilt for many years is such a visual work and look so elegant, it seems that you have been very busy, congratulations

Comment

I love all those colors! A beautiful quilt. I'm sure she'll enjoy it for years to come.

Comment

You made her a truly lovely quilt. And the story of the love between the two of you warms the heart!
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Love the black background. It makes those rainbow color pop! It’s a perfect quilt for a teenager. Nicely done.
              Bec

Comment

Thank you! Angela Walters did a tutorial on this quilt a while back. It is called Weave it Be and I bought the kit from Bluprint when it was on sale for an extremely good price and I had to have it for her.
                Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
                "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Beautiful quilt. So colorful. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow, it’s beautiful!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

ncgrammie,
                      This is an amazing quilt! I'm sure that your Step-Granddaughter will love it. I have a step grandson, who just turned 23 yrs old and still considers me his Grandma. He is lives in another state now, and he calls me almost every holiday, and some days like National Smile Which is in June (so he says, I really don't know for sure) National Quilt Day, (you get the picture.....he calls me a lot)

My DH & I resisted letting him call us GMA/GPA because we were afraid my DD wasn't going to marry his dad. Once they married in 2001, we gave him a photo of him & my DH & I on his last b-day before his dad & our daughter married. The thing that broke my heart when we told him it was okay to call us Grandma/pa he smiled and said "What should I call you?....I was a little amazed that he asked that but when he said "Well, I have 3 other grandmas, and they all want me to call them "Grandma Barb, Grandma Carrie, etc. When we told him he could call us whatever he wanted he said " Can I call you just "Grandm/pa" ???????
                      (yup, Just Grandma/pa is just fine....)
                      Well, of course we said yes. All of his other Grandmas were VERY young grandmas and didn't like being called Grandma as they felt they were too young to be a "Grandma" LOL!
                      (Silently I thought to myself "Well, you are the ones to wanted to be pregnant at such an early age, Of course you don't think of yourself as a "Grandma!!!" LOL!)

Anyway, the quilt is gorgeous!
                      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Beautiful quilt! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing it with us

Comment

A very special gift for a special girl. Priceless.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That's a fine quilt.....love it!!!!
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                            X