• SallyO'Sews
    replied
    Re: Last Christmas Quilt

Beautiful as always, Jean!

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

I used to live the county just north of Winterset. This is where Fons an Porter used to be at (I was a teenager at the time and quilting would not start for me for a few more years). I aim to visit there one day. Just thinking of those wooden bridges makes me homesick. I never saw the movie as Clint Eastwood.....I was just not a fan. Read the book, which is like time travel for me, right back home.

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

My word, that is one gorgeous quilt! You did beautiful work on this Jean and for her to be so joyful to receive it!!! Congratulations on a great commission piece.

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Jean... it is stunning! What a treasure of a gift... Hugs, B

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Amazing work as always. I'm sure both quilts will be treasured!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Jean you are so awesome.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Beautiful. I understand why it was a success.

Leave a comment:

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied

Your quilts are beautiful, I understand that they want you to make one for a special gift, it will be a great treasure to remember

Leave a comment:

• MaggieSue
    replied

What a wonderful gift, and well done!!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Your quilts are both stunning.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

That is wonderful. I am sure she will treasure it.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    started a topic Last Christmas Quilt

Last Christmas Quilt

FAFCE81D-5DA4-4548-988C-EEF447CF5ADA.jpg

My local community theatre group presented “ The Bridges of Madison County” musical in October. I made a Bridges Quilt ( see below) that the group raffled to bring in money for the group. The female lead is a lady I have worked with more than once, and she played Francesca so beautifully! Her fiancé, who I have also worked with, commissioned me to make a similar quilt for her for a Christmas gift. He chose aubergine as her favorite color for the quilt! It’s my favorite color too! It was a long process to get all the elements in place to finish the quilt—a trip to Winterset to purchase the photo panels of the real bridges, time to gather materials, cut and sew the blocks and put them together. Then quilt and bind. I used aubergine minky on the back. It was delivered Monday, and he PMed a picture of her holding her quilt on Christmas Day with a huge smile on her face! Success!

This was the original quilt with John Wayne, tractors, barns and farm scenes. I didn’t include those elements in Francesca’s purple quilt!
    7A56670E-6ABB-4711-9392-C5BCA46E4870.jpg
Working...
X