Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kaleidoscope Dreams pieced, Its a wowzer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SallyO'Sews
    replied
    Re: Kaleidoscope Dreams pieced, Its a wowzer!

WOWOWOW!! That is just stunning. You should be proud.

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    replied

It is really beautiful! You did such a wonderful job with it!

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

You should be happy dancing in the rain with this one Denise. The vibrant colours, the movement, the sharpness and intricacy combines to make one gorgeous quilt. You did amazing work on this and the love shows ! Congratulations and I am with the others on definitely getting it professionally quilted.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Totally gorgeous, Denise. You did a great job with everything. The colors are amazing!

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
    That is just beautiful. I think you should put it in a quilt show!!
    YES YES YES. DO IT!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

That is just beautiful. I think you should put it in a quilt show!!

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

You did a beautiful job! Custom quilting this beauty will enhance the this one even more. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

OH my goodness.....this is absolutely breath-taking!!
    I love the colors, so beautiful.

Of course you should be PROUD.....It is gorgeous, BRAG ON....BRAG ON...…
    I'd be as pleased as punch too!

Oh....BTW......my Aunt Susie used to say "I'm as pleased as punch"....I never knew why or where she came up with the phrase, although I have heard other people use it too.
    So, I looked up the reason for the saying....and here's the article that tells where the saying come from!
    http://www.griefnet.org/

Before anyone reads the link I posted, did any of you know where the saying came from originally?

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Nothing to add except...WOW!

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Anitamae56
    replied

Oh my gosh! That is beautiful, like someone said I would love to see it in person. You are very talented. I would like to see pictures of it after it is quilted.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

WOW absolutely beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Babs quilts
    replied

I am in awe! That is gorgeous and a real treasure! Thanks for sharing it.

Leave a comment:

• laura44
    replied

Award winning! Your work is always so nice.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
    Wowzer , it is! That's beautiful, and complicated.

Denise, I have a question though: when a quilt is foundation pieced, are all the blocks done that way or just some? it looks like you got every point perfectly. Every flying geese is true. And the corner blocks, I don't know what they're called, just fabulous. Thanks for posting this.
    Most of the foundation pieced quilts that I do are a combination of pieced blocks and foundation pieced blocks. You piece the easy blocks, like a log cabin, or a HST, and foundation piece the ones with weird angles and long skinny points. This is the first pattern I did where the instructions had you foundation piece everything. There was literally only one dimension given in the pattern. The author wanted you to foundation piece kaleidoscope blocks ( these are actually easy if you have the Creative Grids 60 degree ruler and use a good quality batik fabric), pin wheels (no I measured the foundation and then just pieced them), log cabins (heck no, I measured the foundation and then pieced them), even the flying geese. I have tried lots of methods of flying geese and have been getting really good results using the 4-At-Time method but this time I wanted to use up my scraps and make each geese from a unique piece of fabric (so the four at a time method would not work). So I said what the heck let me try foundation piecing two geese and see how it goes. I used freezer paper for the foundation because I hate ripping off paper. I can reuse each freezer paper foundation about eight times before it wears out. Darn if I didn't love the freezer paper pieced flying geese method. It only took me seconds longer to piece, I saved almost all the time back because the trim process went so much quicker, and I got flawless points. So the moral of the story to me was to keep trying new methods, even if you think you won't like them, because you may actually find a more enjoyable method.
    The corner blocks are called a mariners compass. Foundation pieced they are no more difficult than the other blocks, they just take longer because there are more pieces and thus more straight lines to sew. I did accidentally trim the wrong line twice on the mariners compass block (human error, it was late, I was tired) but no big deal with freezer paper. I just seam ripped out the bad piece, and did it again. The freezer paper kept the bias edges of the good piece stable as I ripped out and replaced the bad piece.

With freezer paper I am mighty and fearless.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Wowser is right. This is a legacy quilt for sure. Do post your pictures once it is quilted.

It's been a pleasure to follow as you completed sections of your quilt. Truly amazing. Well done Denise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X