Challenge Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge Quilt

My quilt guild's challenge this year started with a sealed brown paper bag. Inside the bag was a bunch of fabric. Everyones was different. The fabric below is what was in my bag.

The challenge was you could use as much or as little of the fabric in the bag but if you added anything else it could only be a solid color. And you could make whatever you wanted, quilt, wall hanging, tote bag, etc.

As a lot of my fabrics had these big prints I really wanted to do something to showcase the fabrics. This is what I made. One of the fabrics had butterflies on it so I tried to make it appear as if the butterflies were taking flight off the vest.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spiff; November 29th, 2019, 08:39 AM.
    Debbie

Re: Challenge Quilt

That is a lovely, lovely quilt. Wish I could do that. i saw one with a dancer in a red dress too. This is on my Sigh list only!

Comment

OMG what a beautiful creation. You have such a wonderful imagination to come up with that quilt.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

Very good indeed! I love your creativeness.

Comment

How cool is that! When I first saw it it reminded me of the designer Betsy Johnson. Great job on the use of your fabrics.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

You've done an amazing job. It's beautiful!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
              OMG what a beautiful creation. You have such a wonderful imagination to come up with that quilt.
              This is actually a pattern called “The Dress” that I took some creative liberty with.
              Debbie

Comment

Very creative. Such vision to go from the fabric to the finished quilt.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

You did an amazing job. So colorful.

Comment

How original! It's wonderful and the choice of putting the butterflies on like that was genius. This is so pretty.

Comment

It´s admirable that from a bag with fabrics chosen by another person has made that fantastic quilt, I love the skirt seems to float and those flying butterflies are lovely, you are a great quilter, congratulations

Comment

Beautifully creative. I would have Never thought to do that pattern. Congrats.

Comment

WOW amazing work.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Fabulous! I love it!!

Comment

I'm curious - how big were the fabric pieces? What a creative, beautiful quilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X