Economy 16-Patch Quilted & Bound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economy 16-Patch Quilted & Bound!

Here is the Economy 16-Patch quilt all finished. Thank you all for the input regarding the binding. I did indeed take the poll results into my decision and made a scrappy binding with all my leftover fabric. It was quite tedious to join all the 10" pieces together with angled seams and I felt like a magician pulling out a scarf when it was all done. However...once I put the binding around the edge of the quilt I didn't like it! I found that all the colours kind of distracted from the colours in the squares of the quilt. I ended up going back and buying more fabric for the binding (I thought I wanted green but the blue looked so nice) and I think the dark blue sets off the squares nicely. You can't go wrong with blue and yellow and I think the back looks good too framed in blue! Anyway, she's done and all I need to do is add a label and wash it. I tell you I was seeing meanders in my sleep while I was quilting this - my first all-over meander! It's quite pebble-y!
    Attached Files

Re: Economy 16-Patch Quilted & Bound!

Very nice!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Ditto on the very nice. I really like it.
      Donna
      MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

it looks great, and the blue binding really sets it off nicely! Maybe you'll be able to use all the binding you sewed together for another project.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

It turned out beautiful...and as usual, your quilting is exceptional.
          Bec

Comment

Oh I love it! I think the blue really frames it well...good choice!
            Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
            Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I think you are absolutely right (and i was one who suggested the multi)... The blue just pops... that is one very good looking quilt, one that makes you want to snuggle with it...Save that binding for a bold and bright kids quilt,,, perhaps something with a lot of black in it, or other dark color...thanks for sharing your venture... it's such fund to see things come together.... B
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

It came out great! Where does the name Economy 16 patch come from? Barb
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is such a pretty quilt! I love the blue binding. It does set off the yellow so nicely. Your quilting is also lovely. Now I want to make a quilt like this! Great job!

Cyndi
                  Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Thanks everyone! Barb, the name came from the reference of the pattern to the '30s, when things were scarce and the ladies have to be economical and use all their scraps! It's in the wash right now...I sure hope it doesn't run!!!!?!?!! (I added 3 color catchers...fingers crossed!)

Comment

Great job! Your quilt is so bright and happy, and you did a great job with your FMQ.
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

The quilt turned out beautifully. I love the colors, and I agree--the blue binding sets it off.

Becki
                        I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Comment

That looks really nice. I can imagine that after the wash it will have a very good "vintage" look to it with the way you quilted it. I didn't realize from your earlier pictures that your yellow fabric was speckled. Gives t plenty of character.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Beauties!!! I love the blue and yellow together too. Really nice FMQ too!
                            Alana
                            To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                            alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                            https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Hope you are truly proud - as you should be. Fantastic job!!
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X