Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Re: My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

These are wonderful! Great job esp since you are new at sewing and quilting both. Even your binding looks good. It takes a good eye to get a nice color balance so the darks and lights appear to be evenly distributed and you did a really good job on that. Welcome to the Forum!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

They are adorable, and will be keepsakes forever!

Leave a comment:

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied

Two cheerful and adorable quilts, your grandchildren will remember them forever and it will be a treasure, good job

Leave a comment:

• chaswp54
    replied

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am learning as I go along. I don't quite have the fabric selections yet to start cutting my own squares. At some point I would like to give that a try. I have all the right cutting tools I need to do it, just need to start looking at fabric choices. Again, thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• chaswp54
    replied

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
    These are great for first projects. I love the way you quilted on either side of the seams. It makes the patches stand out so much nicer than 'in the ditch.'
    Thank you. The very first one I did, I stitched in the ditch but saw, and you guessed it.... on youtube the idea to do either side. I learned most of what I use from the MSQco. youtubes and they have worked out pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• mcs80013
    replied

These are the kinds of quilts little ones love to snuggle in. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Granny Fran
    replied

These are great for first projects. I love the way you quilted on either side of the seams. It makes the patches stand out so much nicer than 'in the ditch.'

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Wow! Those are great!! If these are the first you've done, I can't wait for your next ones. I bet they'll be fabulous.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Both of your quilts are really special and will be loved by your Grands. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• MHG Winnower
    replied

Your work is lovely! What lovely gifts for the GBs.
    Keep it up! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

So cute. Welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Congratulations on two wonderful quilts.....the first two of MANY, I suspect. Your grand babies are sew blessed!!!

Leave a comment:

• minipinlady
    replied

They are gorgeous. I just love the brightness of the right one. =)

Leave a comment:

• chaswp54
    started a topic My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

Here are 2 of the 3 quilts I made for my grand babies. I made one last year for my oldest grandson's 1st bday and now I have made these two for my recent grand kids whose 1st bdays are coming up in the next few months.

The 3 quilts I have made are the first ones I have ever tackled. Learning to sew and make quilts pretty much at the same time. The first two I put hand sewed the bindings and the last one I finished today, the pink one, I did my first machine binding. One thing for sure it is not coming off, but the straightness of my stitches does need a lot of work. Guess that will come in time if I keep at it. Still have another project to start in the next week or so.

Anyway, these are 2 of my 3 quilts after diving head first into this.

20190916_154410_1.jpg20190916_155411.jpg
Working...
X