Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

Here are 2 of the 3 quilts I made for my grand babies. I made one last year for my oldest grandson's 1st bday and now I have made these two for my recent grand kids whose 1st bdays are coming up in the next few months.

The 3 quilts I have made are the first ones I have ever tackled. Learning to sew and make quilts pretty much at the same time. The first two I put hand sewed the bindings and the last one I finished today, the pink one, I did my first machine binding. One thing for sure it is not coming off, but the straightness of my stitches does need a lot of work. Guess that will come in time if I keep at it. Still have another project to start in the next week or so.

Anyway, these are 2 of my 3 quilts after diving head first into this.

20190916_154410_1.jpg20190916_155411.jpg

Re: My 2 quilts (second attempt to post with images)

They are gorgeous. I just love the brightness of the right one. =)

Comment

Congratulations on two wonderful quilts.....the first two of MANY, I suspect. Your grand babies are sew blessed!!!
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

So cute. Welcome to the forum.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Your work is lovely! What lovely gifts for the GBs.
          Keep it up! Thanks for sharing.
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Both of your quilts are really special and will be loved by your Grands. Great job!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow! Those are great!! If these are the first you've done, I can't wait for your next ones. I bet they'll be fabulous.

Gina

Comment

These are great for first projects. I love the way you quilted on either side of the seams. It makes the patches stand out so much nicer than 'in the ditch.'
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

These are the kinds of quilts little ones love to snuggle in. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                    These are great for first projects. I love the way you quilted on either side of the seams. It makes the patches stand out so much nicer than 'in the ditch.'
                    Thank you. The very first one I did, I stitched in the ditch but saw, and you guessed it.... on youtube the idea to do either side. I learned most of what I use from the MSQco. youtubes and they have worked out pretty good.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am learning as I go along. I don't quite have the fabric selections yet to start cutting my own squares. At some point I would like to give that a try. I have all the right cutting tools I need to do it, just need to start looking at fabric choices. Again, thank you all.

Comment

Two cheerful and adorable quilts, your grandchildren will remember them forever and it will be a treasure, good job

Comment

They are adorable, and will be keepsakes forever!
                          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

These are wonderful! Great job esp since you are new at sewing and quilting both. Even your binding looks good. It takes a good eye to get a nice color balance so the darks and lights appear to be evenly distributed and you did a really good job on that. Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Working...
                            X