Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few Shriner project finishes

strip.jpgstripback.jpgdogbones.jpg
    Been sewing for meditation and know that the Shriner event is just around the corner keeps my mind focused. These are all made from left over strips or some of that fabric I bought from the out of business childrens clothing mfg. The back of the big quilt (100x95) is a goodwill find. So my; only real $$ comes from batting. DH complains about how much batting I buy, but hey, what else does he have to complain about. ;ha ha
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: a few Shriner project finishes

WOW,,, love them all.... but especially love the "pear" backing! You are a natural with this FMQ stuff... Still stuck in the crochet mode and cutting up strips and blocks from "given" box of scraps... I know what you mean by the meditation/focus thing... it's my day! Amazing how a "change" in life can really screw up the mind...Take care my friend... keep on keepin on... and yes... BATTING arrives here a lot,,, oh,, and YARN...LOL Hugs, GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Buying backing is less expensive that visiting a therapist and then you have something lovely and tangible for a great cause! When is the auction?
      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Very nice, Terry. Hope that things are getting a little easier for you grief wise. I know your sadness will never totally go away, but I pray it eases a little bit each day.
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

As always, you work magic with the fabrics and quilting!
          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Beautiful finishes. Quilting is the best therapy I have found. It soothes the soul. Eases the mind of grief, worry and sadness.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

WEEDING IS ALSO GOOD TO TAKE MY MIND OFF STUFF BUT NOT NEARLY AS MUCH FUN.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Two other beautiful quilt for your great work, you are wonderful and if this makes your heart feel happy,never stop making those precious gift. Every day your quilting improves, and these last two are incredible

Comment

You do beautiful work, Terry.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Terry, you're a blessing to the Shriner's and their mission.

Quilting is a wonderful kind of self care, and when you can give, that makes it even better.
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                    X