Graduation Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graduation Quilt

I made this quilt for my great-nephew’s graduation. He played a lot of baseball as he was growing up. Hope he likes it. Got a bit creative with the label. It probably should have been signed in cursive but lots of kids can’t read it these days.

C3C4114F-0142-4DBE-83B2-EBAD403B8BC5.jpg

Re: Graduation Quilt

Nice looking quilt. As far as cursive writing how are these kids going to be able to sign checks?? My grandson said he couldn't read what I wrote when I sent him a congratulation note for being on the honor roll for 2 years. How sad that was they he had to ask me to read it to him.

Comment

Patty, between debit cards, direct depost, and on line banking, in 10 years today's kids are going to ask "what's a check"?

Comment

Cute fabric and I just love it ! My grandson would have a fit over your quilt. You have given me an idea for a present for him. He is 8 and all he thinks about is baseball.

Comment

Great looking quilt for a baseball lover!

Comment

What a great quilt. And about the cursive writing...I just signed into an online signature site. Scary.

Comment

Love the quilt! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. You did a great job.

On line banking -- I'm not there yet, nor do I pay any bills on line. We still get the bills in the mail & pay by check. We do, however, have direct deposit, which is a convenience for us. The only bill that automatically comes out of our checking acct. is our secondary health insurance.

Comment

I do have a check book, but I despise writing checks. I have a few bills I have debited out of my checking account, most go on the credit card automatically. Then at the end of each month, I pay off the credit card by transferring the funds online. I even pay my housekeeper electronically. I was amazed when picking up my granddaughter from daycare at how many people pay for their childcare in cash. I also learned that my DD even pays for hers in cash. So yes, I agree 10 years from now people will ask "What's a check?", very similar to the rotary phone we all grew up with.

Comment

Beautiful quilt and a very thoughtful gift, your grandson will love you

Comment

That is a great quilt, and the label is perfect for it. My son would love that.

Comment

Really terrific quilt! Such a great idea for the males in our lives!

Pet Peeve: Schools are not teaching cursive any more. I see this as absolutely insidious. First, it is creating a wedge between grandparents and grandchildren. Fortunately, grandparents are bi-graphical; they can both handwrite in both printing and cursive.

But think of this: If the next generation can only type, all communication will be via computer. If all communication is via computer, all communication can be hacked. If all communication can be hacked, all communication can be seen by the government. Without getting political, I admit that this scares me.

Here's one woman's hilarious idea for combatting this insidious scholastic trend:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4OxmFfKStA
                      Enjoy!
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

it cost too much or takes too long to teach all those coming into the Country to write our language. Printed letters are much easier. for mail sorters, etc. I know they have a point but still, can our children at least write their names? I wonder. Oh well, times, they are a changing!
                        Oh my, i just saw the Utube on cursive. laughed a ton. Thanks for that.
                        Last edited by nativetexan; August 3rd, 2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X