That OOPS Feeling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That OOPS Feeling!

So I finished this quilt top last week and just now inserted a photo in an email to a friend.

I was looking at the picture before hitting the Send button. For some reason I decided to compare my quilt against the pattern I followed (MSQC Night Sky from BLOCK) and realized mine is all wrong!!!

Luckily this was not a gift for anyone; I'd finally found a pattern that seemed perfect for a layer cake I'd been hoarding. At least my major error is symmetrical - I cannot abide lack of symmetry - so I will live with it and call it a variation on the Night Sky pattern.

I hope I'm not alone in making such a silly (and now glaringly obvious) mistake. Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller?

Pattern OOPS.JPG

Re: That OOPS Feeling!

Don't be too hard on yourself. I go with the saying :"My Quilt My rules" Such a nice design you came up with. Very pretty

Comment

Great quilt, that is how new patterns are born!!!

Comment

No worries. If you repeat an error it is a "design decision" So there you go.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I think it looks just fine and no one else would notice unless maybe someone who made Jenny's. Great color choices. Quilters change parts of original patterns all the time.

Comment

Looks good, just different. Just think you can become a pattern creator now!

Comment

I like it! And a new pattern is born!
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

You're a quilt designer! I think it's lovely.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Don't beat yourself up over it. Your quilt is lovely! No one else will know the difference.

Comment

I see it (only because you said to look), but I also like it very much.

I think variations in a quilt help to make them truly your own! Great job!

Comment

Where this error? I only see a beautiful quilt with small differences, congratulations on your fantastic work

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with yours, it is lovely.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm not sure I would have seen it if you hadn't pointed it out. Definitely a design decision ;-)
                          Donna

Comment

I had to look for a very, very long time to see anything different between the two quilts. Nonetheless, you may now begin to call yourself a Quilt Designer, because you have created a brand spanking new pattern. Congratulations!
                            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I think it looks great! I made the Night Sky quilt, and it was easy to confuse placement of those connecting rows between the blocks. It looks like yours doesn't have the connecting rows. But no problem to do it differently. Still very pretty!
                              Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; August 1st, 2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X