Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another Flower Power stash buster, done and dusted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet another Flower Power stash buster, done and dusted!

super little happy quilt. Now I have to go look at the tut!
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I teach sewing to seniors at a Lutheran Senior Services apartment complex. The ladies formed a "Thread Heads" group to sew for charity. We made rag quilts last month and burrito pillowcases this month. I took my two Flower Power quilts to show them at today's session, they all loved this quilt. I could have sold both several times!

Comment

Well I think it's cute but I agree those fabrics are a little ugly but you made it work! I really like the pattern. Looks a bit like square in a square to me. I think I will have to hunt that tut down, I have lots of mismatched charm squares, always looking for scrappy patterns.

Comment

you know, I was fascinated by the exploding block and made a big quilt with browns. I thought it was hideous but masculine. I put it in my GC Christmas drawing and wouldn't you know, the oldest GD got it. She loves it. It is on her bed everytime I go there. Her mother makes her these beautiful ballerina quilts and noway, she likes her brown one. She says it reminds her of retro tv's. Go figure. ANywaty, yours is adorable.

Comment

Thanks Jean! I'll look I have three of each I think. Do you have a picture of the lone star? Lol that saying is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              Remember back in 2014 when Jenny did the tutorial on the exploding block? (No? Neither did I!). But I found some blocks in my stash using that technique, and my practice fabrics were charm squares from Big Lots! Remember when we were able to get those? (Cheap! But a bit ugly!)

So I thought, why not put these blocks together, quilt them up and have a finished quilt. Yes, now I have an UGLY finished quilt! Guess it is sort of cute, even with these gaudy colors!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]159368[/ATTACH]
              I don't think this quilt is ugly! I've seen a lot of quilts on this site that are gaudier that this. I bought the same fabric (minus the green border) at Big Lots a few years ago, made a child's quilt that I entered in a local quilt competition, and it won a ribbon! And no, it wasn't for ugliest quilt. The judges must have thought it was pretty. Go figure!

Comment

I think your quilt is great!! My daughter works at Big Lots.....she picked up fabric there for me. The JR strips were cut all wonky...the charm squares weren't much better. Here is a disappearing nine patch quilt I made for my niece with the Big Lots fabric:

Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                  Thanks Jean! I'll look I have three of each I think. Do you have a picture of the lone star? Lol that saying is funny.
                  It was lost for a couple of years, then the other night I couldn't sleep, so I started investigating a Tote under my bed. What do you know, there was my missing lone star top!

image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X