Great-Grandbaby Quilt for my Beloved Cousin's First BGGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great-Grandbaby Quilt for my Beloved Cousin's First BGGS

I made this little baby quilt for my cousin's first great-grandchild. He came in the world on May 11. Naturally a first great-grandchild deserves his own quilt. The new parents love it! I love D9P for baby boys. Such fun to make. Quick and easy too. A win-win.

Attached Files
    Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Re: Great-Grandbaby Quilt for my Beloved Cousin's First BGGS

Very pretty. I like how soothing the colors are..
    sigpic

Comment

It's lovely! What a lucky baby to be wrapped in all of that love!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Yep, D9P makes a great baby quilt. I like the colors on this one. Yellows and grays. Good job!

Comment

Beautiful quilt and fabrics are so adorable, congratulations for the new baby of the family

Comment

That is the sweetest quilt! I found a layer cake of this fabric in my stash and used it to make two baby quilts. I like it because it works for a boy or a girl!

Comment

Theda, what a sweet quilt! Your cousin and her great grand child are sew fortunate!
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Very sweet. Love the colors. I'll need to try that pattern one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloriana View Post
                  Yep, D9P makes a great baby quilt. I like the colors on this one. Yellows and grays. Good job!
                  My comments, exactly!
                  “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                  “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

adorable!!
                    Donna

Comment

That's so cute. D9P is perfect for baby quilts.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you everyone! I usually use brighter colors for babies yet I really liked this fabric line and when the fabric arrived, I thought the colors might be too soft. However, when I got the blocks together I really liked the soft sweetness of it. I'll tell ya, when you break out of your comfort zone a whole new world awaits!
                        Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
                        "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

I believe you have achieved baby quilt perfection!
                          Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Congratulations on the newest addition. Your quilt is lovely and gives me an idea for a baby quilt I need to make.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Lucky baby! The quilt is beautiful! thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X