Found UFO / table runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found UFO / table runner

Several months ago, Libby and I went to an estate sale and I found a UFO/Table runner. The deceased quilter had started this one, needle turned applique and she had done all the purple pieces, leaving only the yellow crown in the middle left to do. Plenty of fabric to finish, complete pattern and even it's own plastic shoe box that it was stored in. Her daughter who was running the estate sale was only going to charge me $5 for this UFO, and 4 other items that I had picked out (basically $1 per item), but I just couldn't bring myself to pay so little for this gorgeous fabric, so I insisted that she take $10 for the lot. Still a bargain in my book.

So in honor of this very talented woman who started this table runner, I'm pleased to present my first attempt at needle turned applique (even if I didn't do the entire thing myself). My DH's comment when he looked at it, was "I can't even see the stitches?" Guess that means I did a good job!

Kings Crown table runner.jpg

Kings Crown table runner 2.jpg

Re: Found UFO / table runner

Beautiful, so glad this gem landed in your lap. What a beautiful project!!!

Comment

Wonderful job and nice score at the estate sale! Also your dh sure knows the right thing to say, I can't see your stitches either.

Comment

That was a lucky find. You did a lovely job on your beautiful table runner. It was honorable of you to give more than asking for your purchase. Very impressive.
        Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
        "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Great finish!

Comment

Caroline this is wonderful! You truly honored that ladies Mama. Sweet of you.
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I love your story. Great job.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'd say you did an Awesome job!
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I'll bet that the spirit of the quilter than started this project is smiling at how beautifully you completed it.

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post
                    I'll bet that the spirit of the quilter than started this project is smiling at how beautifully you completed it.

I like to think so. And I also believe she's sitting next to my Mother in heaven, and shouting down to me "Ok, we know you can do this now, so finish your Mom's Hawaiian Blocks already!!".

Comment

Wow! It’s stunning! You did good......real good!
                      💫 Star lover

Comment

Beautiful job and what a tribute! Someone is looking down at your with a huge smile on their face)) GB
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                          I like to think so. And I also believe she's sitting next to my Mother in heaven, and shouting down to me "Ok, we know you can do this now, so finish your Mom's Hawaiian Blocks already!!".
                          Aw, a wonderful UFO completion! Beautiful too! Perhaps stumbling upon this was the result of quilting angels in heaven to give you the gentleness of nudges into the Hawaiian blocks.
                          (((((Hugs))))) to all you quilting angels out there, you know who you are! Your nudges are just the right hug we need!
                          Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

That is stunning. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                            X