Mosaic Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosaic Mountains

This is the Mosaic Mountains kit by Robert Kaufman in the warm solid colorway. I started by reading the overly complicated instructions. It wants to do elaborate measuring and marking and stitching and then throwing half the fabric away. The dimensions seemed very familiar so I drew them out on paper and then looked for the necessary rulers. Turns out all you need is the Rec Tool by EZ Quilting for the half square rectangles, and the Tri tool by EZ Quilting for the triangle base. Easy peasy. Zero marking or measuring required.
    100_4959.JPG

It seems very fitting for the first quilt top I completed in my new home in the beautiful Ozark mountains.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: Mosaic Mountains

It's beautiful. I love those colors mixed togeter. How will you quilt it?
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Ooooooo, how I love this!!!
      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful...love the bright colors.
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

That is beautiful.
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Yea! for tri recs tools and your ingenuity.

Comment

How clever of your to figure out an alternative way to do this beautiful quilt!!!

Comment

Oh its marvelous and very fitting for theOzarks. Amazing how some directions can be so complicated. I remember old quilt books and they would just give you a drawing of the block and then we would measure and cut out a piece of cardboard and off we would go to try it. Sometimes it even worked!!! lol

Comment

A beautiful quilt and it looks complicated. You did a great job!

Comment

Oh that is a beautiful quilt. Congrats on making do with what you have.

Comment

Working...
                      X