scrappy rickrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrappy rickrack

Several weeks ago Jenny had the rick rack quilt tutorial. It looked interesting and we all discussed it. Carol came up with a new color way that changed it immensely. ME too. Can we call this the ME TOO MOVEMENT> I was interested in the pattern for all the negative space because I wanted to use my embroider machine but I really didn't like the individual solid colors surrounding it. So...I took the box of strips that were driving me nuts because they just kept piling up and I used them. This is one of my favorite quilts so far. It feels like a modern twist on an old timey quilt.rickrack.jpg. The only thing not from my stash was the batting. Of course, I probably have enough scraps to make a bunch more of these. lol

Re: scrappy rickrack

Oh WOW, that does make a difference in the look. I like yours much better than Jenny's (sorry Jenny).

Was it hard to embroider thru all the seams?
    Last edited by Caroline T.; April 20th, 2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

WOW, Terry, just love it! Don't know where you get the energy to keep on stitching! Had to look up the tut; was traveling so I missed it originally. Jenny's is lovely, but yours, well, more WOW again!
      Last edited by MHG Winnower; April 20th, 2019, 10:51 AM.
      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Love Love Love it! This looks awesome

Comment

I admire to see how you take your bags of remains and assemble them to make the most amazing quilts, your art and your imagination leaves us every day more surprised and also with those beautiful embroidery. Congratulations for such a good job and never cease to amaze us

Comment

Such a beautiful way to combine the embroidery with your stash scraps.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Holy cow! Thank you!...as your me too movement is stunning!
              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

All I can say is oh wow your quilt is incredible!! I just love it. Way better than Jenny's. It does look sort of old fashioned and I love your colors and all the white. You sure are fabulous about putting things together!! I would join your Me Too Club in a heartbeat.

Comment

Terry ~ What an awesome job you did on this! Love the scrappy look. And the embroidery in the white blocks really sets if off. Love it!

Comment

Terry, I love it! Like the others said, so much better than original!
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

What an amazing quilt....love it!
                      Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

This quilt looks great. Wonderful idea and execution!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Just lovely! I think mixing the embroidery with quilting is brilliant!!
                          Another triumph.
                          May the road rise up to meet you...
                          May the wind be always at your back...
                          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Terry you are amazing!!! That is one beautiful quilt and your embroidery is great!!!

Comment

Well, I'm not sure. As you said that I thought, "you know, that might be why my thread kept breaking,:" but it would only break 3 or 4 times in the design which was about 25000 stitches or a little more than an hour including hooping time.
                              Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                              Oh WOW, that does make a difference in the look. I like yours much better than Jenny's (sorry Jenny).

Was it hard to embroider thru all the seams?

Comment

Working...
                              X