scrappy rickrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: scrappy rickrack

I absolutely love this, Terry! I love the old fashioned scrappy look. Beautiful.

Comment

I love your quilt Terry!!. I am going to copy your idea with my scraps. What a great idea!
      Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
      "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

I was hoping this would inspire someone to use up their scraps.
        Originally posted by ncgrammie View Post
        I love your quilt Terry!!. I am going to copy your idea with my scraps. What a great idea!
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Terry, it's an amazing and beautiful quilt! I love the scrappy look, and the embroidery is so much fun. You are certainly giving your embroidery machine a workout!
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

how is your embroidery doing sharon
            Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
            Terry, it's an amazing and beautiful quilt! I love the scrappy look, and the embroidery is so much fun. You are certainly giving your embroidery machine a workout!
            Terry

Comment

Terry, thanks for asking. I am loving my embroidery machine so much...…..I can't believe all the beautiful and wonderful things I can do with it. My latest project is a life sized design of our Snickers. She is/was (she will always be here with us) our rescue Cavalier King Charles. We had to have her sent over the rainbow just six weeks ago and it is still such an emotional thing for us. I found this beautiful design, from the UK, and downloaded it. I stitched it out in as close to her color as I could and she now is on a pillow on our sofa, in the exact same place she used to lay. As you can see, I made a pillow, and the size of the design is right at the size of our little Snickler's head. I'm attaching a picture of it. I am constantly finding things I can do with my machine and feel there is no end in sight. I DO love my BabyLock Destiny. I think it's great that you are doing so much with yours, and find myself thinking of the time you first got it and didn't know if you were going to be sorry for getting it. Terry, trust me, you will never be sorry. Happy Easter.
              DSCN2007_01.jpg

Comment

Ah Sharon, it is a beautiful reminder of your loved one. I am not that creative but admire your abilities. I don't seem to come up with anything clever that I want to put on display. I finally bought some designs and it took me two weeks and a trip to DD's to figure out what I was doing wrong. You are an amazing woman.
                Terry

Comment

Thank you, . I appreciate your kind comment. Keep on with your embroidery. You will find that creativity blossoms the more you do with it. Your quilting talent and creativity is already incredible.

Comment

I know that I have already commented on this quilt but just wanted to say again that I LOVE this quilt, Terry!!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a beautiful tribute to your Snickers. She was such a beautiful part of your family. When Olive went to Rainbow Bridge I made a quilt in her memory from a fabric line called Olive's Flower Market. I know just how you feel...they say it takes time. Olive is away now almost two years and we miss her every day and still shed tears.

I feel the same way about machine embroidery. I could get lost in that wonderful world!

Hugs to you....
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                      X