Black&white top. needs back..ideas? please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black&white top. needs back..ideas? please

blackandwhite.jpgblackandwhite2.jpgwell, I've worked really hard to get this one together and hung it on the design wall and it just doesn't feel like a black and white quilt. It feels red. I'm considering piecing a backing for it in red white & black but haven't decided if it should be three horizontal pieces or maybe go with the design theme and hack out a long triangle, a rectangle and a parallelogram (?) like the pieces on the front, or maybe cut the pieces to form a 9 patch, or....oh the choices I could have.
    I have two plus yards of each. Any ideas.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: Black&white top. needs back..ideas? please

A 9 patch of the three colors!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Grammaterry you have done a wonderful job does not look very white and black because red makes me stand out and I love the border, how much patience, as for the back I would do it as simple as possible because what really should stand out is that beautiful work from the front but you know that you are the one who decides, congratulations

Comment

WOW!!! Another amazing quilt!!!

Comment

It's beautiful! I'm not sure what to do for the back, but I know you'll make it amazing!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Whatever you decide will make it perfect!

Comment

Beautiful, any color combo would work.

Comment

Terry- That's crazy cool. Love it! The balance of color is so good, one can see whatever they want it to be- black and white, or red. Really fun. So... the red (on my monitor) is a deeper red -really rich looking. If it were mine I'd do the same red on the back.
                You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Originally posted by URIBARRI-MAYOR View Post
                  Grammaterry you have done a wonderful job does not look very white and black because red makes me stand out and I love the border, how much patience, as for the back I would do it as simple as possible because what really should stand out is that beautiful work from the front but you know that you are the one who decides, congratulations
                  I agree! Beautiful quilt, Terry.
                  “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                  “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Terry.....it’s fabulous.......absolutely stunning. Trust your gut......you have a fantastic sense of style and color.....it’s a gonna be gorgeous......mmmmm....nope, it’s already gorgeous!
                    💫 Star lover

Comment

I would keep the back simple. Let the work on the front shine! Great job.

Comment

Beautiful, Terry. You knocked it out of the park. I agree about a simple back. I like the idea of horizontal pieced backing, but I think maybe leave out the white. Do something with the red and black. Actually as I'm typing this I can visualize red and black diagonal sections for the back.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanquilts View Post
                          Terry- That's crazy cool. Love it! The balance of color is so good, one can see whatever they want it to be- black and white, or red. Really fun. So... the red (on my monitor) is a deeper red -really rich looking. If it were mine I'd do the same red on the back.
                          The red is connecting threads candy colors burlap weave that I've had on the shelf for three years. I have 2 yds 10 inches left. I have2 yds of kona black and 2 yds 20 inches of some white pebbles. I cannot buy any more material. This is my year to use what I have. Last night I drew up a large block like the front and I have about decided that if I can pull it off, it would be cool. I'm going to go hack that up this morning and see how it comes out. I might just have more scraps, but it might be fun.
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

Great job Terry!
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I'm trying to do the same as you, use what I have. You are so creative, I can't wait to see what you piece for the back.
                              Robin
                              My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Working...
                              X