Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black&white top. needs back..ideas? please

Terry
    This is beautiful! Keep it simple for the back is my vote. If you've figured out that the yardage is enough to make more blocks to echo the front I say go for it. Since you said you have just so much yardage...be careful. But whatever you do, if you made a booboo, you could always send this beauty to me, LOL!

Gina

Comment

Jenny did a tut called Rising Star that was also on the cover of Block, idk what issue. Her dh designed it. I made the block to see what it looked like, it was very modern and super easy but the block was gigantic! I think about 20 inches, the star legs were cut from 10 inch pieces I think. I always thought that would be a cool thing to put on the back of a quilt and maybe you could put 4 together in a 4 patch. It would be very dramatic! You did a great job on the quilt top too.

Comment

I think I made that and made a kitchen window cover from it it was so large. I think it turned out at 28 inches for just the star and by the time I put the borders on it maybe 34. It was a big star. Good idea. If this idea I have doesn't work, I may have to go with that I spent today making black and white print materials into yardage. I'm having trouble getting enough scraps but it looks like I'm almost there. My imagination has this as a cool back. Fingers crossed that I'm not disappointed..
        Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
        Jenny did a tut called Rising Star that was also on the cover of Block, idk what issue. Her dh designed it. I made the block to see what it looked like, it was very modern and super easy but the block was gigantic! I think about 20 inches, the star legs were cut from 10 inch pieces I think. I always thought that would be a cool thing to put on the back of a quilt and maybe you could put 4 together in a 4 patch. It would be very dramatic! You did a great job on the quilt top too.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Working...
        X