"Gotta Love Purple" Kaleidoscope quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gotta Love Purple" Kaleidoscope quilt

Using the same fabric as the backing, and the "stack and whack" method, No two kaleidoscopes are identical.
    I started this one about two years ago, but ended up shelving it for quite awhile, mostly because purple is definitely not one of my favorite colors (only color I dislike more is orange LOL)

Gotta Love Purple kailidascope.jpg

Gotta Love Purple - backside.jpg

Re: "Gotta Love Purple" Kaleidoscope quilt

Well, you sure made a beautiful purple/orange quilt. Funny how colors affect our psyche
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Love it! And I love purple!

Comment

Thanks for showing the fabric the kaleidoscopes were made from. Very cool effect.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Beautiful!!!!

Comment

It's beautiful!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I don't like purple either, but you did a nice job with it.
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

That is beautiful! I am not a purple person either but that is striking! And using the fabric for the backing really is good way, to show the fabric off. I truly like,ethics! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I think it's beautiful. I guess I didn't realize, but I must really love purple. I would love it if you ever tire of it. Haha.

When I was picking fabrics for my first quilt, I though I would match it to bedroom colours which is soft green. Nah. I ended up with a big king size purple quilt. Then I remembered when I was a teenager, I painted my dresser and antique chair in shades of purple and lavendar. I made a mod big flower purple, pink and lime green bedspread and pillows. Oh and I also had a lava lamp. Giving my age.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                    I think it's beautiful. I guess I didn't realize, but I must really love purple. I would love it if you ever tire of it. Haha.

When I was picking fabrics for my first quilt, I though I would match it to bedroom colours which is soft green. Nah. I ended up with a big king size purple quilt. Then I remembered when I was a teenager, I painted my dresser and antique chair in shades of purple and lavendar. I made a mod big flower purple, pink and lime green bedspread and pillows. Oh and I also had a lava lamp. Giving my age.
                    My mother loved anything purple; grew up with it. I have had more of it than I can stand.
                    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I have GOT to try one of these!!!!! How was the process??? Not too tedious i hope! GB
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Oh wow! I love love LOVE this! I didn't see this in your UFOs when I was there. Were you hiding it from me because you know of MY passion for purple? Hmmmm….

Beautiful quilt! You did such an awesome job on this one. I can't wait to see what's next?
                        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                          I have GOT to try one of these!!!!! How was the process??? Not too tedious i hope! GB
                          The hardest part is finding a fabric with big colorful design, without alot of plain background. And then making sure you have at least eight repeats of the print.

Comment

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
                            Oh wow! I love love LOVE this! I didn't see this in your UFOs when I was there. Were you hiding it from me because you know of MY passion for purple? Hmmmm….

Beautiful quilt! You did such an awesome job on this one. I can't wait to see what's next?
                            Wasn't hiding it, it was hanging with all the others.

Hmmm, I think I may have found a home for it. (Hint hint)

Comment

It turned out glorious. Purple isn't my absolute favorite color but it looks wonderful in your quilt. Great job!!
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X