Diamonds on a Shoestring budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamonds on a Shoestring budget!

This quilt is named for the pattern made with my strings. I have only $10 in the backing which I recently purchased at hobby lobby (I felt like a vulture swooping in at $2 per yard), the sashing was a gift from mom when she went to marshall drygoods. The strings are all leftovers from projects through the years.
    844A466A-E10B-417E-B461-70787918E27D.jpg
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Re: Diamonds on a Shoestring budget!

Just beautiful....I love it!!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! I love all of the vivid colors!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Just gorgeous
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I love string quilts! & that one is a beauty! Makes it even better that it didn’t cost an arm & a leg. Haha
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I've never made a string quilt with such narrow strings. Yours turned out fabulous. Love it.

Comment

I love scrappy quilts. Yours is just fabulous and looks like it was lots of fun to make!! So, question--did you use up ALL your scraps?? LOL

Comment

Not only do I love your quilt, but I love the colors of the strings. Which means that I'd probably love ALL the quilts you've ever made!
                Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Beautiful. But what girl doesn't love diamonds? My favorite.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                    I love scrappy quilts. Yours is just fabulous and looks like it was lots of fun to make!! So, question--did you use up ALL your scraps?? LOL
                    Haha! and a big NOPE!
                    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Love it! Looks like it will be enjoyed for years to come!

Comment

Isn't it amazing that we spend so much time picking out specific fabric for quilts and then we turn around and put all those little leftovers into something so beautiful...no matchy matchy, no coordination of colors. Wow, just lovely!
                        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Oh, I love it and I love that it only cost $10. I hate it when I overspend to make a quilt and know that with the amount of money I spent could have been used to better someone elses life more than the expensive quilt. I find that scrappy quiltvs are more vibrant, more loved, and more treasured. Thanks for sharing
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

I am with Grammaterry I also love your quilt and the fact you took scraps that would have got thrown away and made something beautiful for 10$. String quilts are so much fun to make. Yours looks like art!

I have been trying to clean up my scraps and this is what I am doing with them. I made a quilt for myself and gave my daughter 109 squares with the paper still on the back for her to make herself one. I think I still have enough left for another quilt. (Scraps seem to multiply when left alone).

Comment

They do multiply!!! I make about a quilt a week,,,, and am only working from a "collection" i've already got.... Today i'm cutting 5" squares with pieces pulled from the 3 drawers of scraps i have... doesn't even make a dent......the plan is to make a quilt that is 14X15 squares that will fit onto my DH's recliner... silly man fell in love with one that is CREAM colored and worries it will soil fast... i HATE those stretchy covers they sell,, so my plan is to sew some of that mesh rubber shelf liner onto the back of the quilt!!! Hope that helps with slippage because the man has very little patience for things that slip and slide....heheheheh,,, this should be interesting) GB
                              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                              X