X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deegles
    replied
    Re: Gnome Quilt

It looks like the recipient is happy with his knomes! The quilt and grandson are adorable!

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

You stuck with it & Your grandson is adorable.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Thanks for the warnings - I (also) purchased this pattern and had planned on working on it this summer. With your cautions, will proceed slowly. Yours turned out really cute and your grandson is precious!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Your quilt turned out beautiful, despite all its challenges. I can see that your grandson is going to loooove and cherish it for a long time.

It's very frustrating when patterns are not well written. I have encountered a few in my short quilting adventure.

Live, learn and quilt on.

Leave a comment:

• Lenie
    replied

That is a cute quilt! And a happy grandson.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Cute quilt & gr. son. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, even if you had frustrations with it.

Leave a comment:

• PamelaOry
    replied

Look at that happy face!

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Cool quilt. He will love it forever.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

This pattern is so cute. You sure did a wonderful job on it, esp considering you don't like doing applique!! Oh what torture we put ourselves through for the little ones in our life! He looks pretty happy! Congrats on the finish.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

Well, you certainly pulled it out of the "hat". That GC is cute as a button and the quilt is lovely.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    replied

Cute quilt, and cuter grandson, he's not being silly, he's being a gnome (looks like he's wearing the hat lol - how he managed to position himself so perfectly,...only a fun loving kid can do that).

Congratulations on your finish and perseverance. You should be proud of yourself.

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    started a topic Gnome Quilt

Gnome Quilt

About a year ago I purchased this pattern in Atlanta and the fabric for my grandson. I thought it looked like it would be fun and easy to make. It was a nightmare from the beginning . First of all the pattern had errors in it. I learned a valuable lesson always check to see if there are corrections to a pattern before you cut. I had to purchase more material and started again. (I have lots of scraps for a scrappie quilt ) There were other mistakes in the pattern not reported so I just did the best I could and made my version. For some reason I just couldn't make myself work on it. I hate doing applique and it had tons of it. John Avery knew I was making it for him and every time he came over he would ask when it was going to be finished . (He is 6 and has never wanted a quilt). So finally this monster went out the door! I have never been so glad to see a quilt leave. Oh and something else I learned, unless you are a perfect quilted don't use a back that shows your quilting. He is happy ,so I guess that is what counts.

** he was acting silly and wouldn't stand up straight**

Gnome Quilt.JPG
    Last edited by TMP; February 13th, 2019, 07:24 PM.
Working...
X