Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What became from my Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What became from my Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks...

It was years ago, that I joined a group at this forum. The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt. We made several blocks, every week, but got distracted… as things go... But still I had al these blocks made out of tiny bits and pieces. This Christmas I thought it must be possible to use the blocks in a quilt, without making more. Not all my blocks were exactly the same size, so here or there a point is missing. But I think I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Are there more ladies that were in that group a few years ago, and do you still have the blocks, or made them in to a quilt?
    Attached Files

Re: What became from my Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks...

Such a lovely quilt and I love how you decided to build a quilt from the blocks you completed! I have the book but did not make any of the blocks. When I saw you had to make your own templates for each block i just wanted to run away! Congrats on the finish. We on the Forum recognize how much work goes into that particular quilt.

Comment

Lenie, wow what a great looking quilt! You should be proud of yourself.

Gina

Comment

Wow Lenie, great idea and your quilt is fabulous! Oh my, all those small pieces......you should get an award!
        💫 Star lover

Comment

Beautiful work!
          Pam

Comment

It's beautiful quilt. It's bound to feel great to see it in the finished works instead of the WIPs.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Lenie, glad you finished it, too beautiful to be blocks sitting in a box!
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

absolutely stunning
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Beautiful! Looks great!

Comment

I wasn’t in the group but Farmer’s Wife was my hand piecing project when I’d visit my parents in assisted living. I haven’t worked on it since they passed a few years ago. I never planned to make all the blocks but need to take count of how many I have and make a plan for finishing the quilt.

Comment

I love what you did to put them together in a quilt! I know two ladies who were on the forum and came to our first forum retreat who were working on blocks. That is quite an undertaking, doing any of those quilt with tiny pieces for blocks! I applaud anyone who attempts it! The 365 day quilt is similar! Our friend Klasien did finish hers and brought it to my house to quilt it! Hers was just lovely! Good to see you again!

Comment

I'd like to come and visit and cuddle under that in that sunny space! Beautiful quilt.
                        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I am one of those women that Jean mentioned. I proudly showed off a box of tiny blocks, promptly brought them home, and stashed them on a shelf. I was energetically making two of each block, one in original 30’s fabrics and feedsack scraps and one in more modern fabrics. Yes, I was not making one but two different quilt tops!! I guess this is the nudge I need to open that box and figure out which blocks I have yet to piece. I really enjoyed making them, but lost my mojo. Time to see if I can get it done!!!

Comment

Yes that was absolutely beautiful, Klasiens quilt. I've seen it! I knew the two of you met, and that you quilted that for her on your long arm. So much fun for Klasien, to meet you and quilt together!
                            Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                            I love what you did to put them together in a quilt! I know two ladies who were on the forum and came to our first forum retreat who were working on blocks. That is quite an undertaking, doing any of those quilt with tiny pieces for blocks! I applaud anyone who attempts it! The 365 day quilt is similar! Our friend Klasien did finish hers and brought it to my house to quilt it! Hers was just lovely! Good to see you again!

Comment

Originally posted by MHG Winnower View Post
                              I'd like to come and visit and cuddle under that in that sunny space! Beautiful quilt.
                              Your Always welcome, I'd gladly share it with you!

Comment

Working...
                              X