WIP - log cabin hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - log cabin hearts

I took a class on Saturday. The teacher made a quilt from inspiration quilt she saw on the Internet. Her instructions were, well dare I say, not very well written and confusing. So it took us most of the day to make one block, as she provided cutting instructions for only one block. I'm a chain piecer.

I'm an A-type personality and this drove me nuts. So when I got home and looked at her instructions and the diagrams, I realized they were different. Since I had already cut the fabric, I decided to use my design block to show the sewing order and pressing direction.

image.jpg. image.jpg

Today I pieced together about 14 blocks, and maybe need another 5. Then sashing, cornerstones and border and it's done. I ssed a batik jelly roll, but kept the layout scrappy.

Since we are in a deep freeze, I'm planning to sew a lot this week and getting it done.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: WIP - log cabin hearts

Perseverance award goes to Suzanne! It should be handed out by Tim Gunn, but you know, he's kind of busy.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

My hat's off to you. While I could follow your diagram very easily, I don't think I could have charted it myself even if the instructions were well drafted.

Your hearts look terrific.

Comment

Looks great, glad you are getting it finished!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Ooooooo that is beautiful! Awesome!
          Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think I would have given up. I personally am not a fan of log cabin blocks. Bonnie loved log cabins.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Deegles View Post
              Ooooooo that is beautiful! Awesome!
              My sentiments exactly. You are one patient and talented individual!
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Wow, you’re one clever gal! I’d of probably given up.......or went nuts! It looks fantastic! Great job!
                💫 Star lover

Comment

That's really a cute block! I'm glad you were able to make sense of it and get some benefit out of taking the class. I hate it when I take a class and feel it was a waste of my time and $.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                    I think I would have given up. I personally am not a fan of log cabin blocks. Bonnie loved log cabins.
                    Monique...Do you just dislike making them or do you not like the look of the actual blocks?
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                      Monique...Do you just dislike making them or do you not like the look of the actual blocks?

I like log cabin but this is my first. I don't consider it a real log cabin as it has 2 hearths. Maybe it should be called Patchwork Heart.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                        Perseverance award goes to Suzanne! It should be handed out by Tim Gunn, but you know, he's kind of busy.
                        Katrina,
                        I am known for my perseverance. I'm not certain the degree of difference between perseverance and stubbornness. I just don't allow most things to stump me. I definitely get that from my dad.

I rarely give up. Ok, so I gave up after 30 years of marriage, and was rewarded with a loving, caring and supportive husband.

Comment

Suzzanne, knowing when to give up is a sign of an intelligent woman. I love that pattern, My new DIL loves anything with hearts and I'm pretty sure she would love this one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great job will be a great quilt, congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                              I rarely give up. Ok, so I gave up after 30 years of marriage, and was rewarded with a loving, caring and supportive husband.
                              There's giving up, and then there's knowing when to cut your losses.

Comment

Working...
                              X