Meow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meow!

It's not bound yet, but it's been on a long journey! I loved Jenny's tutorial featuring the kitties, so I bought this pack "Meow" in 2017! Pieced it that year, and it languished on my UFO pile for all of 2018. In the meantime, my daughter took up quilting in a big way, and wanted to be able to quilt her quilts on her beautiful new Bernina, so I gifted her a ruler foot and some rulers. And she took off! She pieced and quilted an awesome quilt using her rulers! Mom figured she'd better jump on that bandwagon also! I had rulers and accessories for my long arm, but had only used them once. I had a bunch of rulers but had no idea what they could do. So, I quilted the kitties using the rulers, every block is just a little bit different, using a combination of rulers and free motion designs. It is a sampler of potential quilting options, and I am glad to have it almost finished!
    IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    And it is cozy warm with it's coral Minky backing!

Re: Meow!

It's purrfect!....sorry, I couldn't help myself. Really, it's adorable. I love the ruler quilting. I have been wanting to do more of it on my Tiara, have tried some, but I have trouble moving the quilt while holding the rulers. I hope to get there.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Holy smokes. Some day I hope I can quilt like that. Thanks for the inspiration.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

You just jumped on the bandwagon, nope looks like a pro! Great work Jean!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Wow, that looks wonderful.
          I have a ruler with 4 sides of different options and having the same trouble as cv quilter. As with everything else I guess practice is the answer but just haven't taken the time to play with it. I have a quilt that has no particular destination and have dubbed it the practice piece. One day, soon I hope, I will get a chance to work with it. I have another one that is in the fmq process that needs to be completed first. Maybe today????

Comment

Yowzer! It's marvelous.
            Diana Grey

Comment

Jean, you inspire me. The quilting is beautiful.

Comment

That is a cute quilt, Jean! Love the quilting too.

I was thinking about you a couple of days ago and wondering how you were doing. You've been busy finishing Meow.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

What a beautiful job Jean! So glad your DD is into the hobby as well.... must be a ton of fun! Still cranking out the scrap stuff and making my pile go down... Now if only i could resist a sale!!! ie... the Hancock's link sent from someone here...LOL
                  Happy New Year my friend... Hugs, B
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Got it bound this morning! Another UFO bites the dust!

IMG_0669.jpg

Comment

What a great quilt. One of my former co-workers would love something like that.

And another quilter in the family now too! Wonderful.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Wow, beautiful. The cat pattern is on my want to do list.
                        Wendy
                        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

It turned out beautifully. I remember when you made the top, but I had forgotten about it. I don't think I will ever be brave enough to try this.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

That is so much more than totally awesome... I just don't know what those words are.
                            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Jean, that quilt brought a smile to my face...congrats on getting it done!
                              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                              Aesop

Comment

Working...
                              X