Finally done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally done!!

I’ve been working on this quilt since August for a customer as a gift for her mother’s Christmas present. Let’s just say this quilt caused me many sleepless nights. I took a small quilt pattern and thought it would be easier to make it into a large cal king pattern and let’s just say that was the first hair pulling I did it just went downhill from there lol. I learned a lot about working with 100% cotton fabric and how it doesn’t keep its shape very well. I have very little practice on echo stitching and that’s what she wanted for the entire quilt I tied it 3 times and took it all apart 3 times more hair pulling. I ran out of room very quickly between the appliqués. If it was for “Surfergirl” who helped me tremendously a lot of times throughout this entire ordeal I don’t know what I would have done without her help MAHALO SURFERGIRL!! I finally talked my customer out of the echo quilting and talked her into just letting me do a filament around the appliqué so they showed up on the back nicely on top and all 4 sides. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions throughout this quilting process. Let’s also say that I didn’t make any money off this quilt but learned a lot. She picked it up yesterday and just loved it thank goodness’s lol. Mahalo again
    Attached Files
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: Finally done!!

That is just brilliant. What an incredible work of art
    Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

Congratulations! I know what it feels like to finish something that had you going nuts leading to sleepless nights, ripping out, etc. Such a victorious feeling and you pulled it off! Your quilt looks fabulous.

Comment

Beautiful quilt, AlohaSandy!

On another note, are you sure you want your complete address to be visible to everyone on this site? I would be concerned about the safety of having it show up on your profile.
        Maria

Comment

Congrats Sandy "You did it"! Just beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by giig21 View Post
            That is just brilliant. What an incredible work of art
            Thank you for the compliment.
            sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Sews View Post
              Beautiful quilt, AlohaSandy!

On another note, are you sure you want your complete address to be visible to everyone on this site? I would be concerned about the safety of having it show up on your profile.
              Thanks and I never really thought about the address situation lol I can take it off
              sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Sandy, it's lovely! I know there is going to be a surprised mom and happy daughter.
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

There's nothing like a beautiful finish, especially when it's been an ordeal. It turned out lovely!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Congratulations on your finish. I'm certain your stress will be gone, once it's out the door.

Some quilts are real learning experiences, and never again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Beautiful, your applique is gorgeous. I can't get the picture large enough to see your quilting so can't tell what is a filiment?

Comment

Awesome job! Congratulations on your perseverance. I am sure your customers ' mom is going to treasure it.
                        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                          Beautiful, your applique is gorgeous. I can't get the picture large enough to see your quilting so can't tell what is a filiment?
                          Along the top of the appliqués I followed to secure the quilt oh and I also did plumerias with filament thread for extra security do when washed it will be secure.
                          sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Working...
                          X