Xmas Quatrefoil quilt done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas Quatrefoil quilt done

It's all done, and on the bed for the holiday season. It's the M* Quatrefoil pattern, kingsize. Pillowcases are also kingsize.

I finished the top in June. Rented the long arm a few weeks ago, and used a double pass pantograph. Attached the binding. Finished the hand sewing yesterday and label is attached. It has also received the cats'approval today when I put it on our bed.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg. Back is red.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: Xmas Quatrefoil quilt done

That is so pretty! You deserve to be very proud of it and I'm glad it got the kitties paw print of approval.
    sigpic

Comment

Everything about that is beautiful!

Comment

It's such a beautiful quilt and it looks wonderful on your bed!! Great job, you should be proud.

Comment

That is a VERY nice quilt- one that catches your eye and sucks you in, wanting to know more and discover the design/color choices. One I could stare at for a long time. Thanks
          You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

That is beautiful! What fabric line did you use?
            Donna

Comment

Beautiful quilt, glad yougot it done in time for the hoidays!
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

That's beautiful, Suzanne. Love the red backing....When quilting it did you use red for the bobbin and white for the top?
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                  That is beautiful! What fabric line did you use?
                  The blocks are mostly made up of the fat quarters that I had, and won 14 at my guild. They were Northcott, Moda, Timeless Treasures. Others, the black swirls, green stars and reds were from stash.

The background is an ivory with metallic scroll (Pearl Essence by Maywood Studios 2014 from stash)
                  The green in the 4 patch and cornerstone is a Jinny Beyer fabric from stash.
                  The inner border is Ivory with gold dots. I have the selvedge to locate for my book.
                  The outer green border is The He key Studio Makower UK 1473 LinenTextture
                  Back is Red EssentialW8 by Wilmington Prints.
                  The batting is bamboo. There are 6 rows by 7 columns, measures 99 x 113.

Comment

Barb,
                    The colours in the pictures don't show up well.

On the top, I used Glide Sand 20466. On the back I used Khaki 24525. The latter looks like a pale gold against the backing.

Comment

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                      That is so pretty! You deserve to be very proud of it and I'm glad it got the kitties paw print of approval.
                      Couldn't have said it better! Thanks for sharing those lovely pics!
                      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

It's a beauty, that's for sure! I made a quatrefoil long ago. Now who did I make that for? I'll have to go look it up.
                        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Suzanne, your quilt is fabulous! I love the mix of fabrics and your backing and shams are so bright and cheery. Nice that you have already been given the cat's seal of approval. Would love to have that on my king bed.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Suzanne, it is beautiful. You did an awesome job with your fabric selections. I've used this pattern once and will definitely do it again.

Comment

Suzanne ~ An awesome quilt! You did a beautiful job on it. What a keepsake. You'll enjoy that for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X