Versatile Purse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versatile Purse

I recently took a class to make a Versatile Purse. The bottom portion is removable, reversible and is attached to the main body by the two buttons. It has swivel clips on the straps. The body of the purse is quilted and has a different fabric on the inside with 2 pockets. I added a tie with a ring to clip my house key.

The detachable bottom fabric I picked up this summer when I visited M*. I fussy cut to get different parts of the fabric.

It went together fast, and I think I will make more bottoms.

image.jpg. image.jpg

image.jpg. image.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: Versatile Purse

Really pretty fabric and your work is lovely, too! I like the idea of changing out the bottoms. Clever! Thanks for sharing.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

That is gorgeous! Wonderful job.

Beth
      Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Who is the pattern by? I really like it
        sigpic

Comment

That looks like a Jinny Beyer design... I think I have a similar kit lying around. Very nice!

Comment

Isn't that fun to make? I think it needs to be a tad bit larger tho.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Looks very nice. I have my first bag making class in January. I guess it's time to make sure I have all the supplies.

Comment

Brilliant. I love the idea of changing out the bottom. What a fabulous classy looking button you choose to attach the bottom with. So versatile.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

That's beautiful, Suzanne!
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Very nice and so veratile! You can change the panel and have a whole new look without having to empty anything out of your purse!
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                      Isn't that fun to make? I think it needs to be a tad bit larger tho.
                      I agree. Now that I have the technique down pat, I will modify for a larger bag.

It's like quilts. When the pattern is a lap size, I make a kingsize.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                        That looks like a Jinny Beyer design... I think I have a similar kit lying around. Very nice!
                        I'll check it out when I go down to the sewing room. It's not a Jinny Beyer pattern, it wasn't a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                          I agree. Now that I have the technique down pat, I will modify for a larger bag.

It's like quilts. When the pattern is a lap size, I make a kingsize.
                          Here is a tote I did based on the same idea. My own pattern....

flip flop bag.jpg flip flop bag reverse.jpg
                          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Suzanne, it's gorgeous! Looks like a designer bag......only better! Love all your fabric choices.....and that button!
                            💫 Star lover

Comment

I've never had much interest in making purses - I only use one every day until it wears out.

But...this one intrigues me! It is really beautiful fabric.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X