I'll show you mine...if you show me yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll show you mine...if you show me yours

workspace that is. I always think it's cool to see where everyone is creative...and I always get great ideas to implement in my space when I look at how someone else does it.

so here are a few pics of my space. It's in the basement of our house. We've been doing all the work ourselves to finish it, so it's not quite perfect and the ceiling isn't done yet...but it's better than nothing:

this is the space from standing in the doorway to my scrapbook room. yes I am a craft junkie.

You can see the big empty space on my sewing table...that's where my Brother goes when it's not sick.

You can also see that my table is up on blocks. I am tall and it was killing me having the table on the floor, this also makes cutting a lot easier, but I have to wait to get a second table until they go on sale again. So cutting gets done on the fold out table where you see my mess sitting.

this is my space looking from the living room area of our rec room. I have to share this space with our entertainment space (working on a projection system for television), as well as the kids' playroom, storage, a bathroom, my scrapbook room, and my husband's wood workshop (behind that brown ugly door).
    Michele

Re: I'll show you mine...if you show me yours

Wow it sounds like you're busy with all sorts of projects. Your space looks awesome. I'm just hoping some day I'll actually have one. Our house just isn't allowing room for one yet, although I have some plans. I'll probably be a basement crafter just like you

Comment

I love the green on your walls! So soft and pretty!! Green is a favorite of mine! Here is a picture of the Shop busy with Ladies working on projects! Honestly, this is the only place I get anything done! My space at home is void of all sewing stuff and only has scrap booking stuff left! So, here is my space! [attachment=0:39wg7k7s]IMG_6518.JPG[/attachment:39wg7k7s]

Comment

OK Sarah... :| You're just trying to make us jealous aren't you! I'll get a picture up soon, My space is also in my basement it shares with the guest bedroom... which is soon to have an occupant. My sister in law is coming to live with us in April... 8-) I hope she likes to sew
        To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

thanks!! our greens are almost the same...so calming. The color in the pics though looks a little washed out compared to the actual color. It was called something to the effect of Spring Celedon....it looks like a celery crossed with lettuce.

I wish I could come and sew with all your ladies..how fun is that. Looks like they are having a great time!!

I can't wait to see everyone's spaces.

Misty - I love having my space in the basement. We have a daylight basement rancher. Since the kids are upstairs when they go to bed, I can just head downstairs to the rec room and sew to my hearts content!!
          Michele

Comment

Alright so I'm gonna stake claim on the shop picture as well since that's where I get everything done too! I just wish I could be there EVERY DAY! Such a happy place!

Shell, I'd be all about the basement room if I could just convince the hubby to downsize the "man-cave" portion. You know how it is.

Comment

WOW!!!! you all have such neat work places, expecially Sarah and Jenny. I have worked there too a few times. Anyway I have to use the kitchen table, which is a bummer, because I have to move stuff all the time. I don't have kids at home and my husband works nights, so it isn't everyday. Thank goodnes. We are working on the spare bedroom right now and I am hoping I can use it as my sewing room, someday. My husband is kind of slow when it comes to doing stuff around the house. Does anyone else have one like that?
              sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Gosh,

I wish we had a shop like that in my area. Everyone seems to be having fun and being so productive. I have to get all my fabrics online because all the shops are so darn far away! You would think in a big city we would have at least one.

Comment

We have a lot of fun! Maybe you should just dive in and open one for yourself There's a need every where! (Or you could just move here) haha we'd love to have you!

Comment

OK so I finally got my camera back from the month long hiatus it had in the repair shop... lucky. Well, here's a picture of my space.
                    [attachment=0:3j0dlxdy]100_0241.JPG[/attachment:3j0dlxdy]
                    This was taken while feeding the baby, from the bed that is sharing my sewing room.

This was taken shortly after my husband stuffed everything up against one wall so that there would be more room for his sister. Don't get me wrong his sister is a great girl and I'm hoping to get some free babysitting out of this deal but I'm not thrilled about sharing my sewing room... with anyone!

Comment

Everything looks shoved against one wall doesn't it. :cry: It was also my husbands idea to use bins for my fabric. Blech!

Comment

Looks like your quite organized with plenty of work space. BUT...what do you do with all your stash?!!

Comment

This is my space which consists of this table in a corner of my small living room ............would love a space as big as yours

17042012521.jpg

17042012523.jpg
                          "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                          :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

here is mine this week
                            3 rooms of the house -
                            first the sewing area - which is really the "dining room" but we don't "dine" so i have put to a much better use!! HA! this is where the FUN happens!!!
                            second room is the front bedroom - stash room (my daughter calls it a huge walk-in closet) . thanks to my mom most of my stash is fabric type and color sorted into these under the bed size plastic containers - most of it... the cupbards are filled with large pieces for backings, batting and other odds and ends. The big metal file drawer cabinet has plywood pantographs, industrial bobbin winder and other frame stuff in it. the desk is meant for a sorting and cutting table and the computer my husband just setup for me to install EQ7 on so i can design - yipeeee!! the last pic is of shevles with other crafty stuff including plastic canvas, knittind and crochet yarns, fabric paints, beads, etc etc etc. it is actually 2 deep and goes into the small closet! YIKES if i ever really nned to find anything! HAHAHAHAH
                            3rd room is the living room and that is where my Ken's Quilt Frame lives in the front window. You have seen her in many of my pictures displaying my finished tops. I also use this space to set up a second large folding table to sort the SWAP on. Thru that door is my hubs man-cave / HAM radio room. The chairs are where i sit when i sing frog songs and occasionaly i do take a break long enough to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by pdjewelrylady; April 20th, 2012, 08:51 PM.
                            Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                            hugs, Suzi
                            http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                            it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I think I've shown these pics before. My sewing area is in our living room. (We have a TV room so this room isn't used that much- except for my quilting.) When I'm piecing, I have the machine against the wall and next to my ironing pad. When I'm machine quilting, I pull the machine away from the wall and add two center-fold tables. My stash and pegboard with templates, rulers, etc. are upstairs in a spare bedroom. It's not as nice as many I've seen here, but it works for me. The only thing I really wish I had, that I don't, is a big bare wall for a design wall.

Sarah, I love all the room that you have. It is an awesome workspace.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by bec; April 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM.
                              Bec

Comment

Working...
                              X