Thrift Store Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrift Store Find

I took the morning to go thrifting and snagged a few deals. At my first stop I found these 6 quilt blocks, completely embroidered. I knew I had something at home to go with them so I snatched them off and almost skipped out of the store. I couldn't wait to get started so as soon as dinner was done I headed to my sewing room and made this top. It's a little boring and predictable but it will be great for a patient in the nursing home. I have enough of the polka dot fabric for the backing and the leftover border fabric will be used for the binding. I'm going to quilt it myself.

IMG-5352.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_25d8.jpg
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Re: Thrift Store Find

What a find! Great little top. Will make a nice quilt, especially for an older woman. So pretty!

Comment

What a great find and wonderful gesture to give it to someone who will love it!

Comment

So lovely!!! Great find, wonderful quilt!

Comment

I don't think it's boring at all. Between you and the talented person who stitch the blocks a lovely quilt has been created and sure to not only warm a lap, but a heart too.

Comment

That is simply beautiful!

My only concern is if you will be able to give it to a specific person and put their name on it. A nursing home here told me that if it doesn't belong to a specific person, they don't even launder them when they are dirty - just throw them away. That broke my heart!
            Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
              I don't think it's boring at all. Between you and the talented person who stitch the blocks a lovely quilt has been created and sure to not only warm a lap, but a heart too.
              My sentiments, exactly!
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Your little quilt is very vintage and sweet. Some special lady will LOVE it!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Robin, that is gorgeous!

Beth
                  Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

It's a beauty! What a great find for you and someone special!
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Fabulous find. It is beautiful.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Great find! Cute quilt!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

It's very lovely. Your fabrics were just meant to be with these blocks. I hope that it will be loved by someone deserving.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Ask the nursing home if it will be for a specific person or put in the shared room? If it needs to be for someone special, go read to someone and then give them the gift.
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

That is so delicate and sweet! Love the colors!

Comment

Working...
                              X