Thrift Store Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thrift Store Find

Robin, that's lovely. I absolutely love the old fashioned look of it. Sweet and delicate!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

You have given these orphans a new home. I like Terry's idea of reading to a resident and gifting it. Be sure to include a label on it and bring a sharpie to write the person'she name on it.

Comment

Oh perfect. they were just waiting for a home. I'm sure the quilt will be loved. Before moving back to Texas i gave away a lot from my sewing room. i had pre-marked blocks from Woolworth's and maybe JoAnn's. I hope someone bought them in delight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
          Your little quilt is very vintage and sweet. Some special lady will LOVE it!
          Vintage is the perfect word for this. I really like it - the border fabric is perfect.

Comment

Fantastic!!
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Love how you coordinated that border. It is so perfect!

Comment

What a great find. Love thrift store shopping.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Not boring! You turned someone's lovely stitchwork into a useful and lovely quilt.

Comment

When I got my great granny's quilting stuffs, there were two completely finished quilt tops hand pieced by her. And a stack of 17 block she had made not yet put into a top yet... I was still very new to quilting and wasn't sure what to do with them... I had the Grandmothers flower garden and the Bethlehem Star quilt tops quilted. My quilter said it was some of the best hand stitches she had ever seen.

But, still what to do with the 17 Star blocks?? Well, I bought some Reproduction fabrics, and made 17 Star Blocks of my own, different than hers, and then put them all into one quilt I call "Granny and Me".

Congrats on your vintage rescue!!

Comment

Gorgeous! Great use of your found treasures!

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
                        When I got my great granny's quilting stuffs, there were two completely finished quilt tops hand pieced by her. And a stack of 17 block she had made not yet put into a top yet... I was still very new to quilting and wasn't sure what to do with them... I had the Grandmothers flower garden and the Bethlehem Star quilt tops quilted. My quilter said it was some of the best hand stitches she had ever seen.

But, still what to do with the 17 Star blocks?? Well, I bought some Reproduction fabrics, and made 17 Star Blocks of my own, different than hers, and then put them all into one quilt I call "Granny and Me".
                        I love this story!!

Comment

Working...
                        X