Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boo!! Its the last quilt finish for the Shriner Project

Originally posted by MHG Winnower View Post
    The effort which goes into this project has got to be beyond anything we can imagine. I sure hope that the Shriners' continue next year, and that Terry will again lead the charge! Question, Terry: if they don't go forward, is there a way that finished quilts can be placed somewhere (like your old restaurant) where they can be "purchased" for Shriners? Good luck, today! Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Check out some of the other charity groups. If Terry has to stop hers, there are others you can donate to.
    Good luck with the auction Terry. Hope you raise a good amount for the Shriners. I have a dear friend that is a Shriner...he drives kids to the hospitals.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
      Check out some of the other charity groups. If Terry has to stop hers, there are others you can donate to.
      Good luck with the auction Terry. Hope you raise a good amount for the Shriners. I have a dear friend that is a Shriner...he drives kids to the hospitals.
      Absolutely, lets get behind another forum member and help him/her make a great project even grander as you have done for mine.

Comment

There also are opportunities to donate quilts to charities in one's local guild. Ours does Quilts for Kids as well as quilts to the local community for the fire dept. & police dept. to give to kids in which to snuggle as they go through some traumatic situation. One year we donated to our local hosp. There's also the Linus Project charity. A person can find other organizations on line as well as on this Forum.

Comment

Thank you all for the comments about other worthy causes. The Guild I belong to does the same kind of efforts that many of you have mentioned. You all are such generous and talented folks. I'll check out the recommendations that were posted. I am sure they are all worthy causes.

I just had a special place in my heart for Shriners, and liked the fact that money could be raised to help support the healthcare along with some quilts going to the children. Hard work, I am sure, for Terry and the Shriners (and anyone else involved with the collection and auction).
          Last edited by MHG Winnower; September 29th, 2018, 04:03 AM.
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Thank you all again. I feel like maybe some may feel like I've stepped on their toes from their own organizations. That was never my intent. I am so dedicated to this group that perhaps I overreached in getting donations for them. Today is the culmination of a year of sewing for me and without all of your tops and fabric, this day would not be the event that it will be. Be assured that those of you who donated to this charity are being honored today . The "old men" Shriners always speak of you as Terry's quilt club and I have to laugh when they say it because I think of it as my friends and I working together on this project. I know the cost of mailing these gifts to the Shriners has been incredible and my love is oozing out this morning as I prepare to go set up the quilts.
            Huggs from me to all of you.

Comment

People give because they want to and to what they want to, Terry, there is no way you "stepped" on any toes! Yep, there are lots of organizations who can use help, and there are a lot of folks who give willingly. I think I can speak for many when I say, I wish I could do more for others. Best of luck on a very successful auction today.
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Good luck today Terry! Glad the sun is shining there, sure to be a good turnout for the auction. Try to get some rest next week. You have probably been working like a dog.

Comment

GOOD LUCK WITH THE RAFFLE!!!
                  MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

The Halloween quilt is very cute and colorful. Someone is sure to love it! Thanks for all that you have done for Shriners, plus enabling us to help along the way. Best of luck at the raffle!

Comment

Working...
                    X