Welcome to my Studio... picture heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to my Studio... picture heavy

Well it's been a little over four months since I started on this project, but it's finally finished.

(original thread) https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=76960

All work was done by me with a some help from DH. So not being a carpenter, I'm pretty proud of myself! There are some ugly spots that we just had to accept as being what they are since we weren't hiring any pro's to help (would have had to gut the entire room to fix all the issues, and that wasn't happening )

The ugly heater remains (for now), this is a long story in itself. But I have managed to "hide" it, (except for the stove pipe).

Welcome to my studio #1.jpg

Were the planning begins, and the flimsies that are ready for quilting are stored

Welcome to my studio #2.jpg

Made use of furniture I had on hand, and hid that ugly heater

Welcome to my studio #3.jpg

Rolling chair does not roll well on the rubber flooring, but solved that issue with a couple of bright chair mats - love my pink chair too! And love the rubber flooring, so easy to stand on for long periods of time, and cleans up so well.

Welcome to my studio #4.jpg

My dream cutting table, 2 workbenches from Harbor Freight, total surface 40x60 with drawers on both sides and storage below.

Welcome to my studio #5.jpg

Sew neat and organized

Welcome to my studio #6.jpg Welcome to my studio #7.jpg

Look at all those empty bins I get to fill !

Welcome to my studio #8.jpg Welcome to my studio #9.jpg

And the Piece De Resistance! Future spot for the Mid Arm & Frame. Will either install track lighting, or purchase the Grace light bar for this spot, as it is a dark corner.

Welcome to my studio #10.jpg

Re: Welcome to my Studio... picture heavy

How wonderful. You have so much space and everything is so neat and organized. Especially love your cutting table. I'm so happy for you.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I want your cutting table! No actually I want the whole room! Your space is fantastic, wishing you many happy hours there.

Comment

What a cheerful, bright and wonderful place to sew!!!

Comment

I want to come live in there! Wanna come get mine organized? How about some chocolate as a bribe?

Looks so great!! Enjoy!

Gina

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful sewing space!

Beth
            Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

You did GOOD! What a nice, organized, spacious work area. I wish I could have such room, but I am satisfied with 2 rooms, one for cutting and piecing, and the other for quilting. It was a compromise I am willing to live with. Still getting it o r ganizec, but every time I start, I end up working on another project to and making more mess! One day it will happen. I promise.

Comment

It looks GREAT! Enjoy your new space.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

What a wonderful space! You should be proud of it! How about painting the pipe? A quit design, barber shop pole or just the color of the wall?
                  "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Looks great, you have a wonderful space to create in!
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

You did an awesome job! So nice and organized. Do you have enough room on that side table though for ironing? Or, how were you planning to do that? Love the two tables put together for cutting!
                      I am Sew Blessed!
                      Alina

Comment

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
                        I want to come live in there! Wanna come get mine organized? How about some chocolate as a bribe?

Looks so great!! Enjoy!

Gina
                        Gina, next time I'm in Atlanta visiting family...fill the candy dish, I'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                          What a wonderful space! You should be proud of it! How about painting the pipe? A quit design, barber shop pole or just the color of the wall?
                          Barber Pole ! What a great idea, colorful and whimsical.

Comment

Enjoy that great space! It's a beautiful place to let your creativity flow!
                            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
                              You did an awesome job! So nice and organized. Do you have enough room on that side table though for ironing? Or, how were you planning to do that? Love the two tables put together for cutting!
                              I wondered who would notice the lack of an ironing station

I originally asked DH about removing the "desk" counter so I could put a big ironing station there (the existing counter is too low for ironing), but he was really against taking it out and having to repair the damage to the wall that certainly would have resulted from removal.

I have an ironing mat that I put on the cutting table for small ironing jobs (i.e. fat quarters and pieced blocks), you can see it propped up in the corner of one of the pictures, next to the iron. I actually was able to press a king size top recently on just that mat - not ideal, but it worked.

This weekend I bought a used ironing board from the thrift shop ($5) and am in the process of modifying it for when a larger surface would be more convenient. Similar to this:

https://www.instructables.com/id/How...d-Into-a-Quil/

When it's finished, I'll return the chair to the dining room, and put the drying rack (that's in front of the ugly heater) away, then the big ironing board will get set up there when I need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X