New Cross stitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cross stitch

I have not done any sewing or anything in quite some time. So last week I pulled out this xstitch pattern just to give me something to do. Took me a few days to finish it, as I can only work on it during the day when there is more light. Thanks for looking.

IMG_6991.jpgIMG_6992.jpg
    Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Re: New Cross stitch

Very pretty! I used to do a lot of cross stitch, and I like picking it up now and then when I want a break from quilting.

Jeanne

Comment

Very nice. Makes me want to dig mine out again.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Very pretty! I haven't done any in a long time but I really enjoyed it.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Love your cross stitch!! Eyes not good enough to do anymore, perhaps not patient enough either!!!

Comment

so pretty! I used to do cross stitch too...one of the Army wives taught me how...but it's been many years...not sure why I stopped because I loved it.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Barb, I was thinking about you this morning. I love your xstitch piece...so pretty in purple. Do you also xstitch on linen and other evenweaves?
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                so pretty! I used to do cross stitch too...one of the Army wives taught me how...but it's been many years...not sure why I stopped because I loved it.
                Michele, One of the things I love about xstitch is that it's so easy to put your things away and keep them neat. When I sew quilts my mess gets out of control. I found a jellyroll strip behind the couch yesterday (Maggie's doing). She loves to grab things a run with them.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Very good job! May I share what I did a few years ago when eyesight was much better. I did 8 birds and it took me about a year and I enjoyed every minute of it. Such rewarding results! Of course I had them framed and hanging in my living room. Stay with your embroidery if you enjoy it.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                    Barb, I was thinking about you this morning. I love your xstitch piece...so pretty in purple. Do you also xstitch on linen and other evenweaves?
                    I have always just cross stitched on 11 or 14 count aida cloth, have never used any other cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaKay75 View Post
                      Very good job! May I share what I did a few years ago when eyesight was much better. I did 8 birds and it took me about a year and I enjoyed every minute of it. Such rewarding results! Of course I had them framed and hanging in my living room. Stay with your embroidery if you enjoy it.
                      I love your birds. Some pieces do take a long time, but they are so beautiful when done.

Comment

Your cross stitch is lovely.

I haven't touched any in years and gave all my materials away when we moved. Here's hoping they're being used in the upper el classes at school.
                        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Very pretty. Almost makes me want to finish that Christmas stocking I started 20+ years ago. Maybe when I catch up on some off these quilting projects.

Comment

Love that!

Gina

Comment

Very pretty!

I do cross stitch too when I'm in the mood for it. It carries very well, so I can take it most anywhere. I made a little triplet of butterflies that has that glitter floss in it. It doesn't show much in photos but it looks great in person. I'm a big fan of Stoney Creek designs.

Comment

Working...
                              X