First Attempt at Free Motion Quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Attempt at Free Motion Quilting

32914570_2416229725069356_9079896184725700608_n.jpg32780845_2416229751736020_799213785091932160_n.jpg
    Hi again everyone! My presser foot order came in from Amazon this morning and i got so excited I had to start playing with it immediately! This is the first time I've done anything freemotion so I was more focused on just doodling than anything else. I'd love any feedback or advice!

Re: First Attempt at Free Motion Quilting

You are doing great. try moving your hands a little faster so you get a slightly smoother action. Make bigger swirls and hold your hands firmly on the fabric. If you don't have quilter gloves they really help holding the fabric

Comment

Thank you! it was a challenge to get this curtain to behave, lol. its all the fabric i had so i just folded it up a couple times and started playing, lol

Comment

You are off to a great start. Just keep practicing and your stitch length will get more consistent.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Looking good! just remember your foot pedal speed will be faster than your hands. don't try to match the pedal speed. your movement is what decides the stitch length. have fun!!!

Comment

Working...
          X