building a sewing table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building a sewing table

Recently there was a thread about sewing furniture. DH built me this table in a few hours. It is 4x8 feet. It has a recessed cut out where the machine sits down into it and the sew easy table fits into the space to make it flat. The top of the table is made with a piece of pebbled wall panel that allows the fabric to glide over it much easier than a flat surface. I laid out my wip so you could see a queensize quilt fit over the area with no drag.sewingtable1.jpgsewingtable2.jpgsewingtable3.jpgsewingtable4.jpg

Re: building a sewing table

What a big beautiful table. Lucky you.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

And lots of great storage underneath, with easy acess.

You know, now that he's retired, you might want to "hire" him out to all your quilty friends hehehe.

Comment

That is wonderful! I know you'll love using it.

I know the only room that would house something that big is either the great room (with grandkids visits- not advisable) or the master bedroom (no way I can put my water bed and furniture in my sewing room.) So I guess I'll stick with my desk and be envious of your sewing table!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Awesome!!! Lucky you!!!

Comment

Wow! That is great, Terry. If you wax your Sew Steady extension table & the table tops, those quilts will glide even easier. I use Turtle Wax paste wax (got a good sized tub at an auto supply) & do the table before each project. I use a moistened flannel cloth to spread the wax. Once it dries, then wipe it off with a dry flannel cloth.

What a gorgeous quilt you're working on. I see more FMQ leaves. Isn't that a fun design to do? Happy Quilting!

Comment

Awesome! The pebbled wall panel is a great idea!
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Terry,, that is "fantabulous"... just what we all would love to have... Nice going hubs.... ) Enjoy.. Hugs, GB
                "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                  Awesome! The pebbled wall panel is a great idea!
                  I second the comment. Great table and the idea of using that wall panel.....just plain genius!
                  “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                  “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

What a wonderful table. I'm glad you have enough room for it. This should make your quilting less tiring for you. You really deserve this, Terry. Enjoy!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You are so lucky to have all that space that accommodates such a table and a husband who can do such things. I have a brother who could such things.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Terry, that is sew wonderful! What a nice set up. What do you mean pebbled wall panel? I'm having a hard time figuring that out.
                        EDIT: I just read the answer to this question in another post. I see you used the kitchen type paneling. Clever!
                        Last edited by cv quilter; April 8th, 2018, 08:17 AM.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

go to lowes and they have it
                          Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
                          Terry, that is sew wonderful! What a nice set up. What do you mean pebbled wall panel? I'm having a hard time figuring that out.

Comment

grammaterry, What a great husband you have. Bet he had fun using his tools to make something for you. Looks great and so does your quilt.

Comment

That is a beautiful table. Lucky you!!!!!
                              Have fun with it, must be so nuce to work on a table that big.
                              It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Working...
                              X