Phew - finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew - finally done

So this is the quilt I made the DGD at JMU for their annual Safe Rides Silent Auction. It was truly the quilt from hell, but I think it looks ok now that it's finished. First I cut the whole thing wrong and had to start all over (not sure yet what I'm gonna do with all those triangle blocks - LOL). Then when I got to the FMQ my machine went crazy - thread breaking, skipping stitches...you name it...it happened on this quilt. But with your encouragement, I persevered and got it done. Victoria is coming home next week for spring break, so I have time for a little breather before I do the label

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Re: Phew - finally done

Well, it's going to keep someone really warm, since it's from Hell, that is.

It's a beauty!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow, it turned out great! Great thing you persevered! Just beautiful.
      💫 Star lover

Comment

It's beautiful. Love that pattern. You'll find a use for those extra HST. they're so versatile.

Comment

That looks wonderful. Well Done.

Comment

Congratulations, you did not give up and the finished quilt is wonderful!! I know it's wrong to enjoy someone else's misery but I did kind of get a kick out of your post the other day of all of the things that went wrong along the way!! Some quilts just fight you but you fought back--and won.

Comment

What a lovely quilt. Perseverance really did pay off. Good luck on the auction....this one will bring some nice $$. Be sure to post if you find out how much.
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

It turned out great!

Comment

It certainly is a great quilt...sure to bring a good price at the auction...Wonderful job and you persevered...
                  Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

This is beautiful. I'll bet you're relieved to have it finished and happy you didn't give up.
                    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

It came out beautiful. Now a prayer that it raises lots of $$ for the group.

Comment

What a lovely quilt! I really like the colors in this one. Good job for hanging in there to get such a beautiful finished project. Hope the auction goes well.

Comment

Well, all I can say is it was worth the trip to hell because it is GORGEOUS,

Comment

It looks great. I can understand your pain since I just finished one with 120 small half square triangles. It took me more time to square them up than to put them together. But it came out well as your did and was worth the hassle.
                            sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

It turned out great!!
                              Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
                              X