A few more makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more makes

Here is a Linus quilt, I SITD with a wavy line. Still practicing FMQ before I feel it is good enough to give away.

I also made 2 bowl cosies, took me 2 hours - so much for a 10 minute make!!
    Attached Files

Re: A few more makes

Mary they are beautiful and believe me, those people who receive your quilts don't know how to sew so it doesn't matter as long as you do your best.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

All so pretty.... as with anything.. the more you do it,, the faster you get....)GB
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Very nice! Love the fabric for the cozies. Kudos on the Linus quilt.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Cute! I never believe those 10 min projects. lol
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Your work is fantastic! Who cares how long it takes? Well we do sometimes. But I love how your turned out! Beautiful.
            💫 Star lover

Comment

The quilt is adorable and why would anyone "not" love it! Great work.
              The bowl covers are so useful and once you get the hang of it, you will be able to make them with your eyes closed (well, almost...but keep them open!) Thank you for sharing.
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Love that Linus quilt! Super cute. Your bowl cozies are wonderful. They are so nice to have.
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Thank you for your encouragement. I had intended finishing the rest of the bowl cozies, but got sidetracked (what's new there then) by the left overs from the FQ bundle so I've made pinwheels to make into placemats and there are some scraps which I can do a few mug rugs. It'll be a first for me to use up every bit!!!

Comment

Your work is beautiful. Just think a little one will be wrapped in love with your quilt. They'll just love it!

I'm already getting hints that we need different cozies (just because the ones I made were Christmas fabrics). I just keep telling them you're supposed to keep that Christmas spirit all year long. They aren't buying it.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by MaryUK View Post
                      Here is a Linus quilt, I SITD with a wavy line. Still practicing FMQ before I feel it is good enough to give away.

I also made 2 bowl cosies, took me 2 hours - so much for a 10 minute make!!
                      It occurred to me yesterday when I was in my sewing room that what makes the cozy go so quickly for me is that I made a cardboard pattern similar to the one below. With the cardboard, you don't have to pin! All I have to do is lay it over the square on the batting side and mark the darts.cosy.jpg
                      Last edited by MHG Winnower; March 3, 2018, 03:21 AM.
                      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Your projects tuned out lovely. I need to make some bowl cozies but I need to get the proper batting first.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So pretty and bright
                          sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

you are one busy gal!
                            great job!
                            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Nice! And I love the way you quilted the Linus quilt with those wavy lines. So girly!

Comment

Working...
                              X