Feathered stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feathered stars

I always dreamed about myself making a feathered star quilt. I purchased the book of Marsha McCloskey, but I never had the courage to start because I was intimidated by the complicated instructions. Then I saw Jessie Zeiglers pattern for paperpieced feathered Stars.....then it took a while until the right fabric crossed my way, Liberty is making quilting cotton now and I am in love with it. I am not sure yet about the layout, I am making stars in different sizes and let’s see where this will end. But until now looking at my stars makes me happy !
    Attached Files
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Re: Feathered stars

oooh! I love the feathered star. Yours look great! I really like the one with the yellow. What size are the blocks? Are they all the same size? Perhaps you could make a scrappy quilt with different feathered stars?
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

Wow, I'd be happy too, if I could make them as pretty as yours! Stunning! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Your feathered stars are fabulous! The fabrics really are terrific and you are doing such beautiful work.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
          oooh! I love the feathered star. Yours look great! I really like the one with the yellow. What size are the blocks? Are they all the same size? Perhaps you could make a scrappy quilt with different feathered stars?
          Thank you so much, the yellow one is 16”, the middle Star is 8” and the star on the left is 20”. I will definitely make a big bedquilt with different sizes of stars. She has also a pattern for a 36” feathered star without paper piecing...maybe I will make a medallion quilt...
          Here is a picture with all of them
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Auntie Uli; February 13th, 2018, 03:28 PM.
          Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

Those are awesome!

Beth
            Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I am in agreement with everyone else.....Ooooooo, fabulous, beautiful, and I too am cowardly to start this complex pattern. One day when I get my wits and grits in order!
              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wow! That sure has the wow factor. You should be proud of yourself. I can't pick a favorite. I like the idea of putting the different sizes together like that.

Comment

So beautiful! I love them all, particularly the first and last :-)

Women are Angels.
                  When someone
                  break's our wings
                  we will continue to
                  fly...usually on a
                  broomstick.
                  We're flexible like that.
                  - embroitique

Comment

Beautiful! Your stars are so pretty. You are right about them being complicated! I made one as the center star in a star sampler. I took a class at the local college and that was our project. I finished it, but it was a bear!!! Yours are lovely!
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

They are all spectacular!!!! And way outside my ability. Maybe someday...

Comment

Beautiful.
                        Barbara

Comment

Great job and a pat on the back for you. Your stars are beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
                          Trisha
                          Coram Deo

Comment

Her feathered stars are wonderful and she has lots of videos on technique. If you go to her website there is a free pattern and also her other patterns for sale. I'm working (sort of) on her quilt along, although I fell behind because I was sick. Still, I'm trying! She is very helpful and encouraging on her facebook page.

Comment

The blue and yellow is my favorite. Fabulous.
                              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                              X