Pocket tissue holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket tissue holders

Made a few more of these. Not sure why I think I needed them..must have almost 200 already made and packed in a box. Was going to give some away at Christmas to my family..but knowing them they would just shove them in a drawer somewhere and I know my one sister would just trash it or add it to some clothes she would be putting in one of these clothes bin around town. I am going to call some of the nursing homes around to see if maybe I can donate some to them if they would accept them.

IMG_1743.jpg
    Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Re: Pocket tissue holders

I made a bunch of those and gave them away for small gifts and stocking stuffers this past Christmas...... I am still seeing everyone using them. Gave them to friends, family, girls at the Dr's office, the girls at the Pharmacy and to some folks at church. There are still lots of people who truly appreciate something that you took the time to make for them.

Comment

Super cute! Love em. I'm sure someone will too!
      💫 Star lover

Comment

That's very thoughtful of you, Barb.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

They're lovely. I have made quite a few over the last couple of years and made matching toiletries bags. My friend at church fundraises for The Leprosy Mission and she adds small soaps and flannels to them and sells them towards Christmas time at craft fairs and coffee mornings. I have also been some to friends and family.

Comment

Very nice! If the nursing homes don't need them an Independent Living facility or day care might. I made a few for my Mom and lady friends at the independent center she lives at and then everyone wanted one.

Comment

or give them to a school for teacher gifts.

Comment

Those are so nice. I make some at xmas to give in the shut in bags for the people at our church. Thought it would be a good idea to drop some off at my oncologist's office for the people having chemo . But with that being said I haven't done it yet. My grandkids ask for them for their backpacks because they say the teacher always run out of Kleenex lol

Comment

If you have an upcoming doctor or dentist appointment coming up maybe the workers would appreciate knowing you care about them. I can't imagine the amount of sniffing, sneezing and coughing they go through in a day.
                  Robin
                  My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

That is a great project and a good way to use up smaller pieces of fabric. I agree with you. I don't give items to people that I know won't appreciate it, or use it. I have been thinking of making some for myself and hubby as we go through small packs of tissues a lot.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Crafty Barb, How about you team up with another forum member that does craft fairs. I bet they would be willing to pay the postage to have the extra inventory for their craft fairs. I know Sewbizzy is in PA no far from you and surely there are others. Or, perhaps you could put them on the You can have it I don't want it group and trade them for something you can use to make more.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

what a great idea i always carry tissues in my purse because of my year round allergies would you mind sharing where I find the pattern to make one I would greatly appreciate it.

Pam
                        Have a blessed day
                        Pam[/I]
                        [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          what a great idea i always carry tissues in my purse because of my year round allergies would you mind sharing where I find the pattern to make one I would greatly appreciate it.

Pam
                          This is the one I use.
                          http://twobrownbirds.typepad.com/two...sue-cover.html
                          Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Barb, Just yesterday I was sitting and watching the birds and thought of a good place to donate some of your tissue holders. We had a funeral at church and they were passing around a large box of Kleenex--lots of tears. I was thinking how much nicer it would have been to have small tissue holders that were available. Just a thought. I'm going to make some and take them to church and see what the Pastors think.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the link! I like the accent fabric detail on this one better than some of the plain ones I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X