Not a Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Quilt

I've always wanted to have my wedding gown made into a baptism gown, I even bought a pattern, but never could make the first cut. In looking on Etsy I found a lady who specializes in it so I sent it to her. It was costly but I love the finished gown. I haven't been brave enough to ask my daughter in law if she would like to use it, I will approach it next week. Pray for me.

icm_fullxfull.127155746_e9d6dj7zsxwgsogwo80w.jpeg

Here is what my gown looked like.
    1378884_10151776742479401_1109917875_n.jpeg
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Re: Not a Quilt

That is a gorgeous gown, both of them. My wedding gown got ruined in a flood a long time ago I so wish I had some of the fabric, but my DH didn't want our boys dressed in gowns they had little tiny suits!! So glad you took the step I'm sure your DIL will be pleased to use it. Praying that she will understand how much it would mean to you.

Comment

The dress of Baptism is beautiful, your dress was fabulous and you were radiant, but do not look bad if you daughter-in-law does not want it, sometimes the young people see things different from us and I say it from experience and that I have daughters but sometimes they think that they are right and must leave them, but I wish that their wishes are fulfilled

Comment

This is beautiful! Hope it is used with love by the parents of your grandchildren!

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous. Both of them. Will pray your DIL wants to use it.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

My daughters 1st wedding gown came with a shawl (long rectangle wrap) type, she didn't like that part, so I cut it up and added beading and lace from my wedding gown and made jewelry wrap holder thingys for when you travel. She put a piece of jewelry in each of the holders for her bridesmaids.

The baptism gown is BEAUTFIUL !

Comment

Robin, that is the sweetest idea. I am impressed and in awe with the sentimentality of your idea. It is an absolutely beautiful baptism gown. I cannot imagine that your daughter in law will not be touched and in love with the beautiful gown. How very special. I do wish you luck and hope you will update us. BTW, your wedding picture is gorgeous, and you were a beautiful bride!
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

What a sweet little gown, and such a good idea! I hope your DIL will be thrilled to use it!

Comment

My DIL is from Holland. Her family has a baptismal gown that all the grandchildren have worn. When DS & DIL were stationed in Anchorage, Alaska, her parents flew over for GS's baptismal service. They brought the gown with them. It made the occasion juste that much more special. Your wedding gown was beautiful, & so is the baptismal gown.

Comment

She really did a beautiful job!

Comment

That is absolutely gorgeous! Hope your DIL wants to use it.
                      Cindy

Comment

Both of the gowns are beautiful. It was touchingly sweet of you to have the baptismal gown made from your wedding gown. I hope your DIL is touched by your gesture.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

If I were your DIL I would be so touched that you offered. I made a brand new baptism gown for my first grandchild and my daughter plans to hand it down. I've read about putting the names of all who have used it on the slip. What a nice tradition.

Comment

Oh my goodness! It's breathtaking! I'm SURE your DIL will be honored to use it. Sending lots of love as you ask such a tender question <3

Comment

That is beautiful. Your wedding dress was pretty too. I think your d-i-l would be honored to be able to use it for the grandbaby.

Comment

Working...
                              X