Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrappy 9-Patch Star Baby Quilt Is Finished! First Time Using Rulers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrappy 9-Patch Star Baby Quilt Is Finished! First Time Using Rulers.

I finished sewing down the binding on this today. It's been a WIP for some time. I had made 7 blocks a few years ago, then made the other 5 this year. The early blocks were made using flying geese. The latest ones were made with HSTs. I took Amy Johnson's Craftsy classes on using rulers with a DSM or sit down LA. (I have a Baby Lock Tiara II, which means you have to hold the ruler on the quilt sandwich & move the quilt.) I've been practicing with rulers; this is the first quilt I used them for the FMQ. It was slow going. I used a regular ruler & a Frixion pen to make small reference marks. I alternated the direction of the quilting to add interest to the over all pattern. The 6.5" center 9-patches were quilted using Angela Walters' star burst pattern; spacing is 1". There are other pics in my new album. Thanks for looking.Finished Scrappy 9-Patch Star - April, 2017 001.jpgFinished Scrappy 9-Patch Star - April, 2017 002.jpgFinished Scrappy 9-Patch Star - April, 2017 006.jpg

Re: Scrappy 9-Patch Star Baby Quilt Is Finished! First Time Using Rulers.

What a sweet quilt and your quilting is awesome.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Joy it is amazing!

Comment

So pretty. Perfect for a little one.
        :icon_happy:Karen
        Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

The piecing is beautiful! I have the yellow background gingham teddy bears on my daughters iSpy!
          The quilting is fantastic. I don't know when I'll get the adventurous, but I can look up to others like for for now!

Comment

Beautiful quilt; love the colors, pattern and, of course, your quilting. Super job as usual!
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Oh wow, this is beautiful! Such a bright happy quilt. Your work is amazing! Love, love, love it! Thanks so much for sharing.
              💫 Star lover

Comment

That's a beautiful baby quilt. I always love baby quilts made with 30s prints. Your quilting looks extra nice. Great job, Joy!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

WOW stunning.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

This is so cute. Your FMQ keeps getting better n better. You b should be very proud. I'm trying to work on precise cutting and piecing lately.

Comment

It is so pretty! And your quilting is amazing!

Jeannette

Comment

You did a fabulous job on this quilt. Don't you feel accomplished, finishing up a UFO or WIP?!! ~smile~
                        Roseanne
                        Roseanne
                        www.homesewnbyus.com
                        www.facebook.com/homesewnbyus

Comment

Wonderful quilt Joy....you make the neatest baby quilts...Love them
                          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Yes, it felt good to get this one done--especially all the ruler work. I have soooo many other UFO's & WIP that also need to be completed. I have some Kaffe Fassett blocks waiting to be sewn together. Those are the Square-in-a-Square pattern. One of Eleanor Burns' "How Charming" waiting for a border, then to be quilted. I'll keep working at it. I usually have only ~1 hr. a day to work on my projects. Some days no time at all. Now that spring is here, there will be flower bed weeding to do, too. Ugh.

Comment

Beautiful quilt!!! Love the colors and pattern and super quilting job! GB
                              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                              X