Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

365 done and quilted on the longarm here in MO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

365 done and quilted on the longarm here in MO!

Last year I started the 365 quilt challenge, in spring that year I thought I would never be able to quilt this on my sewingmachine, so I told my DH what fun would it be to fly to St Louis and quilt my huge quilt on Jean her longarm..... My first thought was that he would ask me if I had lost my mind, or tell me that I was crazy to think that.....but he did not! He said that he thought that was a great idea. So we asked Jean and she thought also that is was great..... We waited almost a year before I could go on the plane with the quilttop in my suitcase.......
    So here I am in St Louis and my quilt is quilted on the longarm.
    I had bought backing fabric online and had it shipped to MO, when I came here I did not like it. We went out for backing and we found this great stonehenge fabric and that was a perfect match.
    We got a quilt on the longarm and I started quilting, with the wonderful help of Jean, first I did a practice quilt and I must say it was intimidating to see that huge machine and work on it, but after a little while it went well and my teacher Jean told me I was ready for the big quilt!!
    The big quilt went on the longarm and I started quilting, yesterday it was done!! We loved it, but we had to bind it and so we went out again for binding fabric. We found that also and today I made the binding and stiched it on by machine and handstiched it down on the back. Perfect!!

This quilt will be my wonderful heirloom and I did enjoy making it, but I will never do it again.
    For the ladies that are also making this quilt, yes I did change it a bit. I did not like the outher blocks to be light so I made up my own pattern for the last 3 rows,

And here it is........TADAAAAAAAAAA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Klasien; March 30th, 2017, 06:48 PM.
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: 365 done and quilted on the longarm here in MO!

That is beautiful. I really like the dark border.
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations. It is truly stunning! I admire your persistence and courage ... and your friendship with Jean!

Comment

That is one quilt that easily qualifies as being an "heirloom"! So glad you were able to get it done. Jean is a great teacher and very generous sharing her time and longarm. This is one happy memory I'm sure you and Jean share.

Comment

We're having a blast here! She is a very talented quilter and quick learner on the long Arm! She even inspired me to bind a quilt I made several years ago BY HAND! Can't remember the last time I did that!

Here is our sum total of work so far this week!
          IMG_0101.jpg

Please excuse the long arm pictures in the crazy costume storage/furnace/long arm room!
          Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 30th, 2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Oh wow! Beautiful quilt! What an awesome experience having one on one training from such an accomplished quilter as Jean.

Comment

I am so impressed! I love everything about your quilt! I have only made the first six months of blocks. There are so many things I want to do that after a month of blocks, I put it aside and work on other things. I so admire your persistence and patience and focus to get this quilt completed. It is truly beautiful!

How wonderful of Jean to teach you to work on the long-arm. I'm sure you are having a great time!
              Cindy

Comment

Truly a beauty!!!! Great job!
                Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Bravo! I saved all the patterns, but who knows if I'll ever start it!

Beautiful work!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Beautiful quilt and what awesome memories for you and Jean!

Comment

Klasien, your quilt is absolutely beautiful. It is a work of art that is to be cherished for years to come. Jean, your Irish Chain is gorgeous as well. I love the Irish Green.

You girls have been busy, busy, busy. I hope you're ready to take the day off tomorrow so we can go to lunch and do some shop hopping. We just got another bad storm. I hope they are gone by the time I take off tomorrow. See you in about 12 hours!
                      Robin
                      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Beautiful quilt. I am so happy that you ladies are having so much fun

Comment

Oh my! What a beautiful quilt that is. Your patience is amazing!
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! You got to spend time with a forum friend also that's just precious.
                            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

This reminds me I have to restart working on my states quilt....
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                              X