Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My sewingroom and cutting/storage room are done!!! Lots of pictures :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sewingroom and cutting/storage room are done!!! Lots of pictures :)

My own little piece of heaven is done.
    I love how the rooms turned out, this is what I had hoped for all along.
    The sewingroom is also a room where I can hangout, read, watch youtube and design my quilts. It is all in the colors and the styel I like, and all I have to do for now is vacuum and in the future I would love to have hardwood floors, but for now it is perfect in my eyes.

The othter room is right next to my sewingroom and I love to just stand there and look at my fabrics.
    The ironstation is made by my dad and it works great, the board with my rurels I made my self and is wonderful. The cutting tabel is adjusted to my hight and that makes all the differents, I am tall as most people are here in Europe, and making that table higher made cutting so much easier.
    I keep all my fabrics in containers by color, everything is washed and pressed so it is ready to use. The smaller containers I use to store projects and other things I have going.

As I said, all I need to do is vacuum and it is done. I want to bind the quilt that is on my ironstation and after that I am ready to close the door and get packing for my trip to Jean next monday!!!!!
    Hope to see some of you while I am in Missouri, it would be fun.
    I am brining my 365 quilt to quilt on the longarm!
    Last night I had a dream that Jean had everything set up and told me when I walked in the door to give her the top so she could load it on the machine and I could go to bed after the long trip. That way everything was ready in the morning and we could start quilting............as I was getting the top I found out I had forgottten the quilttop..................... Pffffffff I was so happy that is was just a dream!!!!

Here are "some" pictures, thanks for taking a look!!!
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: My sewingroom and cutting/storage room are done!!! Lots of pictures

What an AWESOME sewing room ! I really like how you have stored your fabric !!!.
    My husband put 1 shelf in my sewing room like the ones you have ( only mine are black...instead of chrome )
    I decided to paint one of the walls in my sewing room a different color. Because I love soft Pastel Pink, I am thinking of painting that one wall Pastel Pink.

You mentioned your fabric in the containers.......Are the fabrics cut into certain sizes for each container ? The containers look really nice. Your Iron Station looks nice too. How nice that it's made by your dad, I have a small wooden bench and some shelves my dad made for me when I was in high school that I want to find a place for in my sewing room too. ( Right now those shelves that my dad made are in my DS's old bedroom )

Thanks so much for posting photos of your awesome sewing room ! I am sure you will have many happy hours sewing and quilting in your beautiful room !
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Incredible! I am in awe of your organization. I'd never leave that space.
      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Wow, so happy for you - the sewing room of your own design and suits your needs.
        Now the rest of us can only dream ..... or at least I'm dreaming of a day when it can happen for me.

Comment

It is beautiful. Have an absolutely wonderful time in the US.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That's an incredible sewing studio, Klasien! Everything is so well organized and easy to access. You did a great job!!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a huge beautiful well organized space. Lucky you to have all those windows for natural light. Love your peg board for the rulers.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

That is sure to be a wonderfully creative space for you. I love the idea of the comfy chair in your room, I may have to find one to put in my room.
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by asta View Post
                  That is sure to be a wonderfully creative space for you. I love the idea of the comfy chair in your room, I may have to find one to put in my room.
                  It is wonderful to have a chair in the room, it is facing my designwall and this way I can look easy and comfy at my designs and sometimes rethink the layout, or just sit there and watch some youtube of read a magazine, all in my own space

This is my design wall that comfy chair is facing, it is 6,7" by 6,7" or in our world 2 meters x 2 meters.........hope I did the math right.
                  Attached Files
                  It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

I love looking at sewing rooms and yours looks great. So nicely organized and ready for you to jump right into any project! Two rooms too - that's awesome! Have a wonderful trip to the U.S.A!
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

Love it! I know you'll enjoy it for years to come!
                      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful sewing area! Everything is organized and neat. You're so lucky to have your dad and your hubby's help to make your dream sewing studio. Enjoy your new space, you deserve it!

Comment

What a great sewing area. I know you'll really enjoy spending time there.

Comment

I am so envious. Not only pretty and oh so organized, but it's also comfy and cozy too. I'm afraid that if I had a room such as yours my family would never see me as I would lock myself in.

Would like to ask one question though, above your cutting table on the wall there appears to be some little thingys stuck to the wall (about the same height as your electrical outlet), what are they?

Comment

Beautify layout on this quilt, too.
                              Originally posted by Klasien View Post
                              It is wonderful to have a chair in the room, it is facing my designwall and this way I can look easy and comfy at my designs and sometimes rethink the layout, or just sit there and watch some youtube of read a magazine, all in my own space

This is my design wall that comfy chair is facing, it is 6,7" by 6,7" or in our world 2 meters x 2 meters.........hope I did the math right.
                              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X