"Hexactly" quilt finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hexactly" quilt finished

It's taken me my usual "forever" to complete this quilt. I originally had a deep purple binding on it but it just looked awful.....drew the eye away repeatedly from the Hexagons and also "caged in" the white columns which I wanted to look spacey and open. It took me nigh on 3 hours to unpick the purple binding and then another couple of hours to rummage about and find some white fabric to make a second binding but I am pleased with how totally different it looks. Much, much better to my eye.

This was a fun pattern to do, easy instructions to follow, it taught me a few new things and set me some new challenges. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Re: "Hexactly" quilt finished

That came out really nice,is that your own pattern?I like the quilting also.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Wow, love it! Never seen a quilt like it before.

Comment

I like the way you used for quilting the straight lines down. Very nice quilt.

Comment

No, stationarymom, not my own pattern...I purchased it from Hunters' Design Studio....google Hexactly and it will give you her site. I had a query about the instructions as I am still a newbie.......and when I emailed her she couldn't have been nicer or more prompt in her reply. A lovely lady. I have another one of her patterns that I hope to start in the next month.

Thanks TMP, I wanted to accentuate the columns and the negative space to then in turn, highlight the hexagons. I thought straight line quilting would do that best.
          Last edited by just4me; March 10, 2017, 02:48 AM.

Comment

That turned out great....a wonderful modern quilt. I can see where the white binding is so much better.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I too see how the white was better than the purple. Great looking quilt. Thanks for sharing.
              💫 Star lover

Comment

Beautiful!! I agree, the white binding is perfect

Comment

Splindidly stunning in its simplicity
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Very nicely done modern quilt! I like the white binding too.
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

Oh my gosh what a beautiful quilt! I love the clean, modern lines of it. And the white binding is perfect. Sometimes a quilt needs a pop for the binding and sometimes the quilt just needs to shine on it's own. Well done.

Comment

Like everything about it! Pattern, colors, quilting , and binding!!

Comment

This is great. I love modern quilts. You've done a great job.
                          HUGS,
                          Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Good call on the white binding. I love your quilting choice. How did you keep your quilting lines so nice and parallel?
                            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo, that is gorgeous!
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X