Quilt for Son and Daughter-In-Law for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt for Son and Daughter-In-Law for Christmas

My sister and I made this quilt for my Son and Daughter-In-Law. I got it finished in time for Christmas .... phew ... just barley It was a as you go project. After taking a online class with Jenny we started the center with a jelly roll and charm pack...well the kids have a queen sized be so of course it wasn't big enough so then I started adding borders ... well midway through that we took a trapunto class so I decided to put a puffy heart in each corner of the widest boarder ... Then after I was done quilting it I decided to hand embroider every ones initials in the poufy hearts on the back of the quilt forgetting that the reason I bought a embroidery machine was because I don't do hand embroidery very well ... all in all we enjoyed the process very much Hope you like it!
    Attached Files

Re: Quilt for Son and Daughter-In-Law for Christmas

It's gorgeous! And what a way to personalize as you go. Love that you went with your ideas and made it your own pattern in the end.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Love it. Wonderful colors, the quilting is great & love the personalization on the hearts. I'm sure your son & DIL were thrilled.

Comment

Beautiful!
        Pam
        Pam in Vegas

Comment

What a wonderful quilt! I'm sure your kids loved it. I know it's sometimes hard to reach the desired length of larger quilts, but it looks like you had no problems. : )
          :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

gorgeous quilt....and I know first hand about sizing a quilt (larger)...and have had to do something similar...makes you feel good tho when the recipient is appreciative of all your efforts...I am sure they loved it!

Comment

That's a fantastic quilt! I love the way you improvised with it too! Will be so glad to have one finished like that! I sure they will love it!
              Paula

Comment

It's a wonderful quilt and will be treasured by your DS and DIL! Love the fabrics...the colors are great. Your special touches really made your quilt personal....great job! Barb
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow! It came our great. I bet they loved it. It's cool that you put so many idfferent techniques into it. Definately a family heirloom. Great job!
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Oh I just love, I just love all the talent on these forums!

Comment

Very beautiful!
                      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

That is a gorgeous quilt! Such fun colors - LOVE the puffy hearts!! My first really big quilt was with the same pattern, so I love it too. What a wonderful gift
                        Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

It's so pretty. What a lovely gift to give for Christmas. I like all the personal touches you put in. It sounds like you had fun making this quilt! I love the colors and the quilting looks great.
                          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

That's beautiful. I love the colors.
                            Bec

Comment

Beautiful! Love the hearts.
                              Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                              Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Working...
                              X